Arrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhh!

Discussion in 'General' started by panthercity, Mar 16, 2010.

1. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Well then, I guess I'll never be buying wheels from wheelsnext.inc

Thanks for clearing that up.

2. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

:stupid: Why take a chance?

3. milroyjr

milroyjr Flatlander

:stupid: nixed that one for me.

4. brand-o

brand-o Well-Known Member

+1

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Damn! He registered here on the BBS once he read of your problem and asked you to call in to the company to see what he could do. That was sorta cool.

Then he came on here to slam your dick in the door before even calling you. OUCH!

I'd never heard of them before this but thanks for pointing out their outstanding customer service and how they stand behind the products they sell. I'll remember THAT.

6. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Wow this thread took an interesting turn...

I was impressed at first, but then WHAM ...

wheelsnextinc.com customer service sux

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

You would think a wheel company would take an interest in a potentially deadly product defect. Gonzalez, I told you not to screw this up, now look what you did.

8. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

9. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Someone should send a traffic report on this site to Wheels.not.

TigerTown, I hope it all works out. If all else fails, send em to Wills.

10. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Wow. :wow:

Add me to the list of people who will not be shopping at wheelsnext.

Tirerack FTW.

11. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

i think i agree with Rafael. panthercity started the thread with the misinformation that he called and they wouldn't help him. Rafael registers here and tells panther maybe if he actually calls he might help him out. panthercity calls talks to Rafael and then posts up that he doesn't believe what Rafael told him on the phone even though Rafael hasn't been given a chance to follow thru. all of this after panthercity knew about the terms of the sale beforehand. am i missing something here:confused:

12. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

No.

Rafael is still a dickbag.

13. BrianK

BrianK Well-Known Member

i am not saying he isn't a dickbag just wondering how he could of rectified the problem when the buyer never actually called him to begin with:confused:

14. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Bob and Rafale both need to go drink a beer with Obama. :D

15. Coopster

Coopster Well-Known Member

Umm, Panther?

You might not like this, but here goes...

I have seen perfectly good wheels damaged during mounting by someone inexperienced.

They have a policy regarding mounting and then not being able to return.

I think the shop you have your car at definitely let you down in this regard, esp in light of the red sticker warning.

I'm wondering what brand of wheel AND country of manufacture.

I can't believe a customer service message exchange would ever take place on a public forum, pretty blown away by that actually.

Good luck.

16. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Rafael, I would think that, as a retailer, you would be a bit more interested in keeping a customer happy with his, or her, purchase. Do you not intend to stay in business long enough to worry about disappointed customers? It would appear so. I'm also quite sure that when you called, and was told that the builder had never had a problem with out of round wheels, they were being very, very truthful. :rolleyes: We've all heard that before.

Since Mr. Dicky's car has been in the shop, and undrivable, for such a long time, one would think that you might have a little more of an understanding attitude. How, or why, would he have known that he needed to check those wheels for trueness immediately after receiving them?

I would also bet that you aren't aware of the sleeping giant that you have awakened by ending up discussing this problem on this particular BBS. WERA is a very large entity covering a large part of the motorcycle racing industry and word travels very quickly.

Have a nice day.

17. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

I would think the no returns after mounted is because of scratches when mounting tires, not getting the wheels out of round...

18. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Why would anyone from a company come on a public board and argue with a customer. That's just stupid no matter how right the company maybe.

19. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I can easily understand that they wouldn't want to offer a refund for a product if the customer just wanted to return them for money back. I don't understand why they wouldn't want to make good on their product when it has quality problems. It just sounds like a poorly run company with little, or no, business sense. :(

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I recognize that there are some less than skilled tire changers out there. However, if your wheel is that sensitive to damage from the tire mounting process, are they really safe at the loads imparted by the typical road hazard. Oh that's right, it would appear there is no product warranty once they are put into use for their intended purpose.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010