Ripped off, what would you do?

Discussion in 'General' started by LBNY, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Lazarus

Lazarus SwaggaByLaz®

Exactly. Thats why I dont know what good giving that to a lawyer is going to do. Judge isn't going to be able to do anything with it either.

2. bmfgsxr

bmfgsxr Well-Known Member

Well if in the fact Cliff never took possession of the bike, and it never left EDR's shop they would have financial gain by advertising it as one thing when in reality it is another. But that would potentially be the case if it never left EDR's shop. I don't think anyone will ever know the real story though as none of us were the actual people involved and I wouldn't expect Cliff to chime in here.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes I do, this board, as part of my job. I do not have the time to run all over the net defending WERA even though I may do so on occasion. You seem to think that EDR should be here answering every post and that's just silly sorry.

4. Lazarus

Lazarus SwaggaByLaz®

I dont think thats what hes trying to say. I think hes saying that if Eric has a sick pregnant wife and is running his busy shop, always on the dyno (these are reasons hes given for not being able to come here to discuss things) then why is he on that forum so much posting.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No, the rule of thumb is if random hero posts it, it's not logic. Granted there may be an exception but they only serve to prove the rule....

I've agreed with logical concerns over some of the things EDR has said/done. Yours however, not so good in the sense making department.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah Mongo! Why do you spend so much time on the WERA BBS? Not like you have a stake in WERA or their board! :crackup:

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

In Randoms defense he has had his MRA number posted the entire time, it's easy enough to sort out who he is.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

CMRA's board is way more controlled than this and that's not what I want.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I agree it would be nice to have that cleared up but EDR's post about the bike being in his shop since a magazine article still doesn't mean he had it from the time of the build to the time of the sale. The 200 miles per LBNY's post still proves to me that the seller had and rode the bike at some time since the build.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Seriously, lying about what I've said is a bad idea. I get it that you don't understand all the words I use when they don't fit your preconceived notions of what happened but lying about what I said is a good way to be gone quickly.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope, the post says from the time of an article until the time of that post. Not enough information since we don't know the build date and the sale date. It is more evidence in the whole thing ;)

12. XACT-Man

XACT-Man Not that fast....

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

His forum has been up for what? 3 years or so? Pretty sure his wife hasn't been knocked up for that long.

Not sure how EDR not responding here every 5 minutes is an issue at all. Even the OP said he didn't call the shop didn't he?

14. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Some apparently missed him stating this is his busiest month of the year and I'm guessing that those 5000 posts didn't happen this month.

Like you said, part of the job when it's your own site.

15. Lazarus

Lazarus SwaggaByLaz®

True we dont know the timeline (reply to your latest post).

About the 200 miles, you don't think those miles could have gotten on the bike BEFORE it went to the shop? Thats a very real possibility.

Also something that still isn't making any sense to me is why would Cliff sell the bike if he needed the money? This guy seems to be balling and I dont think he would need 12-15k that bad.

16. divein6

divein6 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

17. Lazarus

Lazarus SwaggaByLaz®

Duh! No one is saying he posted 5000 post in a couple days but he has been posting alot in the pass couple of days, random thoughts too, not business related.

Don't get me wrong Mongo, I could care less about EDR, OP, cliff, the motor, whatever, I'm just saying something is rotten in Denmark.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The OP said the bike got built from brand new so still using his own words I don't think they got on there at the dealership.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Rotten in Denmark because he posts on his own website? WTF???

What in the hell does him posting on his site or any site for that matter have to do with this deal from a year ago?

You guys are killing me.

20. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Agreed...does seem strange that EDR has been hanging in the wind for 5 days and not one word has been posted from Cliff to help clarify the matter.