Combat Handguns allowed in..Starbucks!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Tinfoil hat charly, Feb 15, 2010.

1. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

No I understand what you are saying and it is definitely a "duh" thing but I can't figure out how to word the question I was asking so you can understand what my point is. You have to have a really fucked up way of looking at things to get it... like scotth... he figured it out. :D

2. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

I know how you feel scotth.

3. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Regardless of the rest of the argument, the statement is idiotic.

You claim to be a man of moderate to exceptional intelligence, stop acting the dolt.

4. H8R

Which reminds me.

I went to the Scottsdale Gun club with a buddy and realized something after shooting a MP5, FN P90, and a M60. Ammo is expensive.

We need to lower taxes, and need smaller government.

:D

5. scotth

scotth Banned

I agree. That's the problem. The people we want to keep the guns away from are just as sneaky as the criminals. We just haven't caught them doing anything--yet.

6. scotth

scotth Banned

The statement makes sense in the context in which I made it, which was in the previous posts.

Really? When?

I aspire to be middle...middle.

Yeah...that's not an act.

7. pickled egg

If they haven't done anything--yet, where is your reasonable cause for suspecting they will do something--eventually?

Firearms have been possessed by average schmucks in this country since before its inception. Can you give me a percentage of violent crimes committed by otherwise law-abiding gun owners vs. those committed by career criminals?

Irrational fear of gun-toting bogeymen is kinda :rolleyes:, IMHO

8. scotth

scotth Banned

Nothing other than I don't like the way their eyes point in two different directions and how they giggle when they talk about their arsenal.

Anything else, and I don't care. Something that can kill me 500 yards out? Yeah, we're going to have to take that away.

The problem is what I've already said (again, go back and read the earlier posts): how do we concretely identify this group without infringing on the rights of people that aren't too iffy to be armed? We can't yet, which is I assume why we already haven't.

This is all a matter of degree. We don't allow anyone to own an artillery cannon. Because the potential damage is too great. I'm arguing that there are some people that shouldn't be allowed access to butter knives, and I eagerly await the means to identify them before they get access to the sharp implements.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Uh? :confused:

10. scotth

scotth Banned

Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!?!?

Just go with it... :D

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup:Who said that?

12. H8R

Blutto in Animal House

13. pickled egg

Were there people in this geographic region before it was founded as the good ol' US of A? Did they have guns?

That's what I was saying...

And it wasn't the Germans that bombed Pearl Harbor, it was the Romans. Duh. :rolleyes:

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Doesn't matter if you lie since accessing your medical history is part of the process of obtaining a Concealed Carry Permit. The anti-gun hippy types are either oblivious of facts like that or simply delude themselves into believing any nut can obtain a license.

15. DeeZR6

DeeZR6 WERA BBS #1

If you have that kind of fear, maybe you should start carrying your dad's hunting rifle so you can shoot back.

Freedom is scary, I must admit. If you don't like it, there are plenty of places on this planet you can go live. For those of us that actually like this country, we can just stay here and kill each other with our personal weaponery from 500 yards away if we choose. I will take freedom over some guy in a suit telling me that some kind of weapon is scary, thank you very much.

When is someone going to bring in the parallel of motorcycles/ists into this debate?

Damian

16. scotth

scotth Banned

I prefer to think of it as prudence. You know, just like some people want to walk around armed just in case. I want to make sure stupid people are deprived of the opportunity to project stupid. Just in case.

Spare me. If someone can argue limiting driving privileges, I can argue limiting gun ownership.

Limiting gun ownership is really my fall-back position. I'd much prefer to just euthanize the morons. Then they can't do anything stupid with anything. But somebody'd complain...

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  17. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Cite.

18. DeeZR6

DeeZR6 WERA BBS #1

There are a lot of countries where euthanization has and continues to happen, here's a suggestion: MOVE!

As for me and most freedom loving Americans, we fought and died to prevent such practices, so once again: MOVE!

From the way you have written at times, we should deprive you of your First Amendment rights due to being an obvious eugenicist, right? If you feel that is the case: MOVE!

Damian

19. pickled egg

Ahh, an argument for pre-emption. Were you this cheerleading this cause when Duh-bya marched us into Iraq?

20. scotth

scotth Banned

Eh...what?

Rick, you're about to get your cite. Damian, are your parents still alive to complain if we put you out of our misery?