1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buyer beware: bmcycleworks

Discussion in 'General' started by gpstar748, Dec 5, 2009.

1. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

I truly hate to do this but I purchased a master cylinder from this guy over a month ago and still have yet to receive it. I tried resolving it with him in private through here and on paypal but he still has failed to provide a tracking # and I have not received the item. Communication has been sketchy at best.

Buyer beware: bmcycleworks

Sellers name is Rafael Rios. Paypal email is [email protected]

Do not deal with this thief :down:

2. bmcycleworks

bmcycleworks Well-Known Member

I replied to your pm's and emails I had a new guy doing my shipping and regretfully he wasn't as skilled as I had believed. I offered to send your payment back or send you the part you opted for the part which has been shipped and paypal has the tracking info. All this had been done promptly sorry for any issue it has caused you but I in no way gave you the bait and switch and would appreciate if you can comment once you get the part that it was as described and you were not scammed. If it isn't up to your standards send it back no harm or foul or I can credit you something via paypal.

3. tunawest

tunawest Well-Known Member

4. Well, bmwcycleworks, I like the way you responded here, but I do have on question. How much skill does it take to ship a part?

5. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Apparently alot of skill and lotsa time is required to get parts to people.

Hell, the PONY EXPRESS would have been a quicker and more reliable alternative.

So far, in one night, there have been (3) members with issues with 'bmc.'

gpstar, cpettit, j lew.....something tells me there will be more.

6. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Well, judging by the people who have applied for work in my parts department over the last 37 years, it takes more skill than about 40% could muster. One would think that the job would be simpler than pouring piss out of a boot, but I find that is not the case.

A guy who formerly worked for a well-known bbs-er shipped a fork stand to me with the USP label stuck onto the handle. Gee, think that shiny Gold Pit Bull stand made it to me? Hell, no! Some dirtbag in the UPS system snuck it out to his car. (I hope the bike falls on his head and he dies really slowly.)

I don't mention the name of the company here because they resolved the issue to my total satisfaction, and the (replacement) parts guy stayed in contact with me every step of the way.

7. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I wonder how eggfooyoung is to deal with? Anyone know that d-bag? :D

8. lrrs311

lrrs311 r6racer311

He sounds decent..let us know how it plays out.

9. Matt399

Matt399 Well-Known Member

That's funny because I just got a side fairing for a gsxr in the mail that way! Bought it off ebay for $44 including shipping, only to get an email AFTER I paid asking what I wanted to do because shipping was $40 instead of the $13 she charged me. I told her "sorry but we had a deal and I paid so I want my part". When it showed up with the USPS label showing $9.95 stuck right to the fairing I almost laughed too hard to be pissed off... almost. Kinda clever on her part but not good for the paint.:down:

10. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Maybe he was trained by a wera official? :p

11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

12. SimplyInsane

SimplyInsane Guest

Wow, my comprehension skills allow me to understand that theft is the fault of the poor dumb shipping guy. That theft is a capital offense and should be dealt with in a cruel and unusual manner.

I wouldn't want to work for you. Do you give your men water to drink? If so, do you make them wear depends, so they don't take a pee break? If they have to poop, do you cut off a hand or something? You are hardcore.

13. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

I will post back up when I actually receive the part.
    You failed to ship it for over 3 weeks. When I raised the issue in paypal you said it would be to me by Friday this week. I did not receive the item so I escalated my dispute to a claim in Paypal. Only then did I get a tracking # and it showed that you didn't ship the item until Saturday afternoon!
    I normally wouldn't care if it took a month to get a part if you wouldve actually kept me in the loop and not been so sketchy.
    Anyways I don't need to get into a pissing match. Once I get my part I'll be happy and I will post in this thread and the others that I received it....

That is all....

14. wingsonwheels

wingsonwheels Well-Known Member

Shipping a pitbull stand without a box is like sticking a label on a wad of cash. The chances of it making it to the other end are slim.

15. SimplyInsane

SimplyInsane Guest

that's like blaming a rape on the victim for wearing sexy clothes.

16. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

I don't get it?

17. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

That means you, young man!

I don't get it either. :confused:

18. joec

joec brace yourself

hey brandon, i have a lot of biker friends up in brooklyn who would most likely be very happy to pick it up for you. tex is up there on a very regular basis for revit stuff too.

just ask!

19. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

I got a Resistol 4x shipped to me once in a paper kroger bag, with "Please don't put anything heavy on this" written on the bag. :rolleyes:

It was pretty flat.

20. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Done it several times without any problems.