1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Santiago Villa you make some very good points

Discussion in 'General' started by Spyderchick, Oct 1, 2009.

1. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I wasnt going to reply to this but......

Ive asked the question once already, give me the name of just one American or a naturalized citizen that dominated in another countries national championship the way Mat Mladin did here.......I'll wait. Or one who took a factory ride from one of their own countrymen for hell 8+ yrs???? like Miguel DH did?

And let's get one last think straight, I'm NOT the one with entitlement issues. That would be the person from the outside looking in expecting something special here.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  2. VILLA23

VILLA23 VILLA 23

We are really geting off Topic here, this post was about how your Nacional Championship its becoming a Joke to American and non american riders, Team owners, factory teams, this is about DMG doing stupid thing that have afected even your young ones the future of the sport in the US, 16 year old kids racing and crashing on hard tires (broken bones), tires that pros like Jason Disalvo and Cardenas never used because they where just to dangerous.

And what I said about the American people having a duty to do things the right way, men you guys are the most important country in the World, If it was my country I will be pist, I will demand that the people runing the show will do something, bottom line, I can go with my sponsors else where, and race in spain , europe, even WSBK, but I care , I care becouse in the 4 years that I have been racing here, I made friends, and people I called Family now.

How you feel if a guy like PJ Jacobsen or Kenny Noyes , that are representing you in europe, in spain, got this kind of words, if the guys from spain said to them, that they didn´t belong there, that those seats are only for spanish riders, god in spain they love Martin Cardenas , he won a championship there, thats why Jhon took him , because he is one of the best in the world.

We are a global sport, we crash the same, we broke the same bones, we love the same thing, and I think, that when I came to John with my sponsors I didnt took anybodys seat, If someone came to Jhon with the same sponsors, Belive me he will make room for him.

I think that riders like me are helping teams grow in the US, economy grow, If It was my country and my championship , and riders from diferent parts of the World came to race in it, I will welcome them, because they are makin my Nacional Championship, as important as a World Championship.

3. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

I guess according to your theory,XFBO, Native Americans want YOU to fuck off as well!

4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Not sure. Butt, I bet there's a tom of `em!

5. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Santiago - you seem pretty smart. Don't wreck that by crashing your brains out all the time. :D

Good luck, dude.

6. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Villa- Ive already stated that you, amongst others, have brought up many valid reasons with the way DMG has handled themselves.

All this other crap, is just that, too many ppl are taking what I said too hard and trying to turn it into something that was never meant by me.

If everyone who thinks Im wrong can be honest with themselves and say/think that no American rider has ever been passed up for a factory ride, then so be it, Im wrong. It wouldnt be the first time either.

Im no Sean, John U. or the Millinium dude who works in the industry. Ive been a spectator for over 20 yrs and enjoy the sport immensely, Ive read many articles over the yrs and have heard ppl from w/in the industry talk about the differences in privateer vs factory equipment many times. It doesnt take a genius to figure out that only x amount of factory rides exist, so naturally there will be some ppl who think the Mladin's, DuHamels, etc.... are taking rides from ppl within our own borders. Then wonder why we arent producing many World Champions. That was it, really.

There was no ill intent meant, no hate or anything even close to it. I feel the same way about other pro sports btw but no not in the private sector, meaning non entertainment related businesses.

7. mikendzel

mikendzel Anonymous

Coke In Can - So far as I can see, the only thing wrong with America is we are striving to be like Europe.

Back on topic; why is it so hard to run a race series properly? (I.E. Making the racing the most important part versus the behind the scenes antics/inconsistent rule enforcement/power struggling/squabbling.)

As a spectator/fan, I thought that the competition increase among the classes due to rules and spec tires was a very good thing from 2 different aspects; one that it was more entertaining, two that it lessens the obstacle of entry for non-paid riders. If anything, I watched MORE races this year. If the R1 was on form earlier in the year, the Superbike class would have been amazing.

If DMG and the teams can omit the antics, it should be a great national championship series with a real opportunity to grow.

8. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

So you're saying support nationality over merit? From your postings in another section, I find that surprising. The 'C' word comes to mind... :D

9. Putter

XFBO - Just quit posting. You're about to get tore up. :D

10. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Shhhhh!!!! You're going to ruin a perfectly good Jackal attack!

11. Putter

Nah. As much as I usually enjoy the pile-ons I see what the dude was saying. He made it pretty clear what he meant. What's right is right.

No sleep till Brooklyn!

12. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Exactly.

Any race series worth it's salt is based upon the ability of its competitors, not their nationalities.

It is sheer ignorance to think a qualified competitor should not be allowed to compete in a national series because of where they come from. If you were to disqualify people based upon this standard, your series would have no credibility because you would be filtering out potentially better racers based upon discrimination.

13. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

The seats that the foreign riders took they took because they are better, not because they are foreign.

14. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Cmon, Im not a grammar nazi but Im the only way that laughed when I read that?

15. VILLA23

VILLA23 VILLA 23

:stupid: I agree with you 100% with this, the spec Tire, the gas, and some other things where good for the competition, and the show, the fan walk, that kind of things ,I am totally supporter of that, but, there are some huge mistakes, like, making kids, and riders from Moto GT to race with a Tire that made a lot of crashes happend, and then didnt do nothing about it until the end off the season, even the guys from ohlins said to me , there is nothing we can do, it´s the tire, things like the Johnny Rock Page show, that takes away all credibility on the DMG mangment, the way officials treated riders, press, spectators, the way, riders where not heard, and punished for things that where stupid like the jump starts, that didnt happend.
    I have read all the forums , the rolling start made the series a joke to the world, Paolo Ciabatti, manager of WSBK, made a joke about this stuff, and if you ask any rider in the DSB field, we hated it.
    We are not Nascar, we are Roadracing riders, we, like I said are the clounds of the circus, and we where treated like kids, we didnt have an opinion , and if we had it, they just said, we will look in to it for the next season, some changes had to be done right away.

16. Putter

DUDE!

17. VILLA23

VILLA23 VILLA 23

me no speco ingles, chimichangas :up:

18. You must be talking about 125s or 250s, because we have produced more 500/moto gp champions than any other country. We have produced more wsbk champions than any other country too. But, you must have known that since you have been paying attention for the last 20 years.

19. Matt399

Matt399 Well-Known Member

:stupid:Well said, and a very "American" point of view in my opinion. I think those who disagree with giving foreign racers the opportunity to prove themselves here (including on factory rides) have lost sight of what we're all about here. But you're right, that's getting off topic and that's as far as I'll go unless this thread winds up in the dungeon.

20. hcr25

hcr25 Well-Known Member

Thats funny!

XBFO, do you think American riders are being passed up by teams so they can hire the "immigrant" riders for less $$$. What would be the benifet to hire non American riders if they are not more qualified?