Blackberry Help

Discussion in 'General' started by K98TOOM, Jul 14, 2009.

1. K98TOOM

K98TOOM @theoldcorner

Ok, I'm new to this.... how can I get my inbox to my phone? and what about contacts? calendar? I'm using Outlook for e-mail...and the whole reason I got the BB was to sync my calendar and contacts in outlook with the phone.

I've been wandering around the BB forum all morning........

Thanks!

2. Which BB did you get? You should have received a cd containing Device Manager 4.7. Download that and it will sync your calender and contacts stuff. The email stuff you do online through Blackberry internet service.

3. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Depending on which carrier you're with, you can go to the BlackBerry BIS site and setup your e-mail accounts. You can also do it on the phone but it's much easier to manage the accounts and the service books on the web. For Verizon, go to http://www.blackberry.com/go/vzw and setup your account. You will need your PIN and ESN to set it up.

For your calendar, set it up in Blackberry Desktop Manager to sync with your local Outlook address book and calendar. Pretty straight forward and is done during the setup of Desktop Manager through the wizard.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Or you can buy an iPhone and it's easy :D

5. BB is easy too. I manage 3 different email accounts from my BB.

6. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

It's just as easy on the BB. I'm guessing he didn't RTFM :D

BTW: I recently got a 3Gs. Pretty sweet but has a few shortcomings. The app selection is amazing though and the fact I can drop to a terminal window and SSH to the phone over Wifi is cool. Happy with it so far.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dunno, I don't have to go to a BB BIS site to set mine up.... :D

8. Again...you didn't read the replies. Dude...go back to sleep and wake up tomorrow.

BB can do it via the phone too...its just easier to manage from the internet site being quicker to type and load pages.:D

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I read it. If that's the easier method then I understand why I bought the boss an iPhone and she's been able to figure out everything on it without me having to figure it out for her :)

10. Peter.BoyWonder

Peter.BoyWonder I can't afford this shit.

iphone rules bb drools

11. Maybe! Though I hear my techy neighbor botching about his iphone often. So guess it varies huh.

If you are saying thought that you can type and load pages faster on your iphone then your computer then I call your bluff.:D

12. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Having owned both, I can say I do like the iPhone's user interface much better but hate the fact I have to use iTunes to sync the phone.

Also the lack of MMS is un-fricken believable. Yeah I know there's cracks to make it work but come on! MMS has been around for YEARS!

And no multi-tasking is weak, very weak...

13. dusty20

dusty20 #97 North Central Ex.

I have Sprint and the whole reason i went with the BB over the Samsung instinct was to get my outlook email to work with it. well after i bought it i found out that I have to upgrade my plan and pay the extra $20 a month for the Blackberry Enterprise Service. you can get normal email to work like personal email accounts but i guess if you want to use it for a corperate email you have to have the $99 plan and pay the extra $20 a month for the BES.

14. yeah pretty nice to continue typing my email while carrying on that business call.;) What's this...the iPhone don't have MMS...say it ain't so.:D

15. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Best of all it has that super-hot new innovative way cool unbelievable feature known as... cut-and-paste. :D

16. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Did you have some extra sugar for breakfast or something? You are coming across like a hyper 5 year old this morning. :Poke:

17. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

yes, it's so...

and now voice commands and the ability to record video! :D

MMS should be "fixed" by the end of summer... or so they say.

18. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

:crackup:

I had to laugh when the latest fanboy who stayed up all night downloading the new OS brought it to me to show me this new fangled "cut and paste."

19. Peter.BoyWonder

Peter.BoyWonder I can't afford this shit.

Tethering

My understanding is that it is not an iphone issue (the MMS) its an AT&T thing...oh and also there is a profile online that you can download that will allow your iphone to tether if you have OS3

20. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Neither one is as cool as the Microsoft phone.

[​IMG]