If there were a Cannonball Run for bikes...

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Jan 20, 2009.

1. I would be all over that shit :clap:

I love all types of bikes and riding. Touring, racing, whatever.

So a Cannonball Run would combine everything i love about all kinds of bikes all into 1 thing.

Fuckin A doggy that shit would be fun as fuck.

2. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

Probably some type of large displacement dual sport with bags. I want to be able to go off road if necessary.

3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I was with you till this. Please tell me that y was supposed to be comma.

4. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

I think they did one starting in vegas a couple years ago. It was more like a rally in actuallity though I think.

5. :crackup:

"Fuckin A doggy" should have been seperated with a semicolon.

[/Stifler]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  6. c7fx

c7fx Well-Known Member

a goldwing with a dvd player and a cup holder ;)

7. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

It's all good. I just figured that you liked the poop dick.

8. LookOutRossi

LookOutRossi Banned

twin turbo zx-14. w/ a corbin seat :)

9. HAZE

HAZE Group Therapy

TL would be a good pick. But mine only gets 110 to 120 miles a tankfull.
    Gonna have to put a couple of extra tanks on it

10. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

The event that you are all looking for is the Iron Butt Rally http://www.ironbutt.com

Many more entrants than starting positions. The top ten finishers usually run a laptop and two GPS's MINIMUM on the bars/dash, plus extra fuel tanks, and all kinds of other bizarre space-age-geek farkles to make the trip possible.

They are some dedicated, skilled riders, and the stories they generate are priceless. Bob Higdon posts a synopsis of each days Rally happenings that gets linked adn reposted all over the 'net. Great writing about a great story.

The majority of Top Ten finishers since the Rally's inception have been on BMW, but almost any brand has been represented at some point, including URAL. An amusing account of a day in the 2001 rally features the Siberian Speed Team on their URAL entry. http://www.ironbuttrally.com/IBR/2001.cfm?DocID=15

11. caferace

caferace No.

12. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

+1 but in white with all of the tasty bits. :)

13. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Naw the Iron Butt ralley isn't about balls out speed along a single course.

14. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

so.....I wanna do this!

15. bcc

bcc painter /fabricator

it should be all exotics like bull run .

Ill take an Mv just because i get to be a total douche and drink cafe-ole and be super pretentious.

16. I would like to do one of those Iron Butt rides some time. I enjoy cross country riding. I wouldnt want to do one of the rides that were xxxx miles in 24hrs.

I would more like to do one of the "boarder to boarder" rides. I would also want to ride alone, so it was more of a race. I wouldnt want to be in a pack of 10-15 other bikes, all stopping together, getting gas together etc. I would want to branch off from Virginia with the only rule being "first one to San Diego wins".

17. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

how comfortable would a busa be for that long on an interstate at full speed? If it were as bad as I'd expect, I'd lean more towards a FJR1300.

18. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I can tell most of you have never spent long days in the saddle for multiple days on end. One long day can be done on almost anything but try to get back on the bike on day 3 or 4 or even 5. You need wind protection for long sustained highway rides and you also need to sit upright. Myself, I'd choose an FJR1300. They are certainly fast enough in a straight line, very smooth engine, great ergos, adjustable windsheild, shaft drive, and will get 50+ mpg on 87 octance. My buddy has one and I'm pretty impressed by the bike.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We're talking a run from NYC to Cali - one shot, 30-40 hours and done. Not days in the saddle like an Iron Butt.

20. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

+1 on a newer Triumph Sprint ST