Worst racing coverage ever

Discussion in 'General' started by RM Racing, Sep 14, 2008.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Why don't we go back to the '80's when we got the Brit calling the races. That was great.

Of course none were broadcast live. Most were not broadcast at all and those that were appeared at 3:00 AM in the middle of the week. Those were the days.

Whiny bishes.

2. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

If you're tired of hearing about it, don't read the post. Don't just use it to insult your users.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Why not? You can insult people you don't know yet I can't call you out when you're acting like a little girl? Well guess what - don't act like one and I won't call you on it. It's simple.

BTW - part of the deal is I HAVE to read all the posts. You however don't....

4. Sitdownicantsee

Sitdownicantsee i done did it

...but this thread is about the shitty coverage, not how exciting the race was. Let's start another thread, so we can talk about how exciting the race was. And let's continue to bitch here. Yeah, the coverage sucked.

5. Sitdownicantsee

Sitdownicantsee i done did it

but you don't HAVE to reply.

:crackup:

6. LookOutRossi

LookOutRossi Banned

wow. soooo let me get this straight. speed sucks. everyone on here agrees. we need motorcycle racing on major broadcasting stations. everyone on here agrees. nbc airs a race, and now nbc sucks. SO from what i've gathered, unless some people on here get to have things EXACTLY how they would like its "pathetic".

RM Racing, you don't know what you're talking about. i don't care who you workED for. Gp's are being aired this year on NBC and CBS, yet you do nothing but complain about "production value". how about you step back, and look at motorcycle racing in america today as a whole. please tell me that you're not that bent out of shape about the production of an aired race that got red flagged. please do everyone a favor, get off your high horse and get your head out of your ass.

7. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Basically only an hour was dedicated to the show when they really need at least 2 hours. With two hours they can show the show developing to the pre-grid to the sighting and warm up laps to the entire race (with commerical's and just time delay what you miss from commercials) to the after race interviews.

But motorcycling isn't there yet in this country...but from the looks of it it is picking up steam which is great. Some maybe next year...2 hours.

At least next year please have Laguna be broadcast in Hi-Def like this race was (yes it might have been upconverted or only 480p but is techinically hi-def)

As to the T in Lorenzo's name...I thought he had a lisp...but if that is how you pronounce it properly...interesting name and yeah for getting it right.

8. mcskeeto

mcskeeto Well-Known Member

How do you download the Eurosport feed?

9. MotorSWATCop

MotorSWATCop Former Trackday Turd

NBC sucks because of Brokaw.

Speed sucks because of that show about the car detailers.

HBO sucks because of Bill Maher.

MT-V just sucks.

BBC sucks because they talk funny.

Univision sucks because I can't understand what they are saying.

PBS sucks because Monty Python is rarely shown any more.

................................:moon:

10. S.E.R.E.

S.E.R.E. Frog Man

Those jack asses today make as much sense as having the WSBK Brits on NASCRAP saying Jeff Jordan and car riders......that dog just aint gonna hunt.....

I am glad any moto racing is on......just give me a coupon on the short bus announcers....

Helan Keller could do a better job calling the race...everyone know Rog is the fat one...:clap:

11. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Ralph gets a pass from me ever since he hit "Mr. Honda Horsepower" with "Talk about horsepower, Spies just sucked the PAINT off that red honda!!!!" when Spies passed Duhamel at Road Atlanta in race 1.

12. woodyracing

woodyracing Well-Known Member

seriously. a MotoGP race was broadcast in HD, get the hell over the announcer. Its not like this was anything new, your all bitching about the exact same thing you bitch about after every single AMA race and several of the MotoGP races.

13. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

You can get the EuroSport feed and the BBC feed from Racing Underground. Best thing EVER!!!!!

14. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Who cares what they're saying, the women are hot. :D

15. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Im not bashing anyone for this weekends comentary but over the years this is what my 2 cents thinks about commentary here vs over seas.

Here, no matter how close the competition is I hear the same comments, no excitement and I get flat out bored.

Over there, the commentators have me nervous, interested, and flat out on the edge of my seat.

If this sport wants to draw fans and more support you going to have to make it exciting and keep there attention!

16. georgiadawg

georgiadawg Elbows Out

i definately agree, i think a big problem is all the "Popular" racing over here being Nascrap they have 4 times the amount of time to talk and aren't really use to short sprint racing and what it takes to be a Motorcycle racing announcer.

17. darylbowden

darylbowden Well-Known Member

How do so many of you not know how to pronounce Lorenzo's name correctly? If you've watched ANY GP this year or ANY 250 races last year, you've probably heard it pronounced correctly (loren-tho as has been stated) 10 trillion times!

And I can't believe it, but I agree 100% with Mongo. Motorcycle racing being put up against the NFL on a major network is ALWAYS a good thing. I'd much rather get to watch the races at a decent hour than have to wait 'til 2am tuesday. Of course, I prefer to watch motogp.com so that I get ALL the coverage, but I still watched this on NBC today and was too entertained to notice Ralphie messing up any names.

18. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

:stupid: what a bunch of babies... ya'll need to get laid or something...

19. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

and buddy... if you never heard that pronunciation before I have to ask how many Moto GP races you have actually watched... I will admit that they called him that more in previous years, but still...

20. fixerflyer

fixerflyer Well-Known Member

:stupid:

Great race seeing Nicky up front and Rossi showing once again why he is the Doctor.