high mileage? motors? sv650

Discussion in 'General' started by TD137, Aug 14, 2008.

1. TD137

TD137 Well-Known Member

I'm looking at a higher mileage SV and was wondering what's high but most importantly what does a SV motor usually cost?

2. paulco135

paulco135 Well-Known Member

i raced one last year that had 9k miles on it. no problems.

3. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Mine currently has 13k street miles and 1.5 seasons with one 4 hour endurance race on it (6 hour is in 3 weeks). Its completely stock and a '03. We'll see just how long it lasts. :)

4. paulco135

damn, bet that 650r want do that:D

5. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

and the one you're racing this year has had the ever living piss raced out of it in its lifetime. :D

6. gothicbeast

gothicbeast Back by court order

My SV engine had 19K on it when I started to race it. 1.5 seasons later, I figure it has a good 25K miles on it... runs strong... and it's an '03

7. paulco135

still running strong.:up: will it was til i destoryed the bike at cmp:down:

8. Tinfoil hat charly

Tinfoil hat charly Well-Known Member

Jesse's [313] junkyard dog hand-me-down ist gen SV650 has about 40,000 miles on it-half of them racing miles: he just podiumed with it at Jennings as his R6 is down...it doesn't smoke yet....

9. TD137

TD137 Well-Known Member

My trackbike is around 12k miles with no problems. I looked at an SV yesterday with over 40k miles and it ran really well on the street. However, it looked like it had been ran over by a bus and then dropped from a cliff. I wish I took a picture of it. The front tire was bald, threads showing, and had this wild ridge trough pattern running the circumference of the tire. How the hell???

I passed on it. Too much little stuff wrong with it. I could list fifty things but I'll just summarize by saying he was riding it with no front brake lever...nothing but air in front of the right grip.