Global cooling-the new threat

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Tinfoil hat charly, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Styrofoam pit barbecue at my house:beer: Bring you own cooler. We'll burn it.

2. pouchkangaroo

pouchkangaroo Banned

If you think in term of Big Bang theory and time-space,
    what is present is the thing of the past to a future point of reference which in turn is another present point to yet another future reference point so on and so forth. No, this is not just fortune cookie material.

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Are you referring to Time or Imaginary Time? Be specific.

4. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

English is my second language, you lost me at "If".

5. pouchkangaroo

pouchkangaroo Banned

light years time

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Fortune Kookie, what did the five fingers say to the face?

7. pouchkangaroo

pouchkangaroo Banned

itchy scratches because I don't want to have to resort to the other solution.

8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

That did it.

SLAP!!!!

9. pouchkangaroo

pouchkangaroo Banned

Steeltoe, why do you think it's dubbed imaginery?

10. pouchkangaroo

pouchkangaroo Banned

What good or excitement there is if i give you something that you are already expecting?

11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Its not. It's dubbed "imaginAry".

Before you tangle with me, here, take this.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  12. pouchkangaroo

pouchkangaroo Banned

Back to global cooling...
    The sun is a fading and dying star. If we look far enough beyond our technological limit the sun is dead but to a distant eye it's still shining bright.

13. pouchkangaroo

pouchkangaroo Banned

ok, typo aside, answer the question.

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

How do we look beyond our technological limit?

15. pouchkangaroo

pouchkangaroo Banned

minds and ideas are always way ahead of technology. I believe this could have easily explained the usage of the word 'imaginery'. So even imaginery can become real by this very arguement.

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

My head just came off.

Did you just profess to explain the usage of a word? A word you've spelled wrong multiple times now. I'm trying to understand. We can see beyond our technological limit. Using minds and ideas. It is there in which the imaginery becomes real.

Got it.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  17. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

dude, you could make a fortune selling Excedrin migraine door to door (your sales pitch alone would cause the migraine). i get a cut though, it was my idea.

18. Booger Van der Jackass

Booger Van der Jackass Well-Known Member

I offer you a scenario. Granted, this sounds kind of chicken little due to the scale, but it's plausible. Ocean currents influence air currents and vice versa in a sort of weather dynamo. For example, the North Atlantic current, which carries warm water from the equator all the way north past the Brithish Isles, helps keep northern Europe hospitable, and green. As the water travels north it cools and eventually begins to sink in the North Atlantic. The water sinks vertically due to a couple of factors, temp and salinity. Cold water and saltier water are more dense than either warm or less saline water, and sink vertically as a result. This helps drive the current conveyor. At the other end of this conveyer is the water near the equator which rises as it warms "completing" the conveyor. It's a really neat system, that makes life as we currently enjoy it possible.

This is the scenario I offer. As temps rise globally; glaciers, ice caps, and ice shelves melt. Nobody will deny that this is happening. Ice (fresh water) locked near the polar regions melts, and greatly increases the amount of freshwater at the north end of the conveyor. Water still continues to "drop" though at a slowed pace. Even though the new mix of arctic water is less saline, it is still colder and thus more dense than the warm ocean current feeding the loop. As the North Atlantic conveyor slows from the slower "turnover" of water at the north end of the conveyor, less warm water is being "pushed" from the south end.

The decreased flow of warm water current northward, directly affects the weather dynamo by reducing the warm winds that feed northern europe it's rains, and "decent" climate.

Climate change is a impossible to predict as an absolute. The variables are constanlty changing. For instance, as the temp continues to warm and ice continues to melt, less of the Sun's radiation is reflected back to space, and instead gets absorbed by the darker ground, speeding the melting process. Also, previously frozen permafrost now becomes a peat compost heap spewing methane into the atmosphere from decomposition. Methane being a much worse greenhouse gas than CO2.

You can draw a number of conclusions. The oceans near the equator becomes a bath tub, while the northern and southern lattitudes become ice boxes. That's of of a trillion possibilities. I guess the climate change vs warming/cooling is more a matter of one's personal perspective.

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

So what's your theory on the Kookie?

20. pouchkangaroo

pouchkangaroo Banned

I accept the conveyor theory.
    Your scenario would lead to heat receding from the poles and cold would advance closer to the equator. Now if the sun heat source does not keep all these in check as it circles around the sun annually. No part of the earth would be habitable eventually.