My Race Day Pics

Discussion in 'General' started by Caper, May 25, 2007.

1. Caper

Caper Well-Known Member

Well round one for me at my regionals started May 12th weekend and it was a pretty good weekend and can only get better.
    For the photographers on here, I am going to post a few pics that are all I have right now, and there some with the watermark on them. The local guy doesnt mind if we use these ones and I actually have some on order from 2 of them.

Some of you might remember a few weeks ago I posted up some pics of my 06 GSX-R 600 race bike before i hit the track. Well the weekend of the 12th was Round # 1 for me.
    I had 3 races Amateur 600-Qualified 2nd, Amateur Superbike Qualified 2nd, and Amateur OpenSportbike-Qualified 1st. The one that the regional championship is based on is the AM Superbike.
    I finished AM 600 in 2nd, Open in 1st- WHICH WAS MY 1ST WIN EVER- -
    and the most important race-Superbike-I finished 3rd. I was right on the lead guy with like 4 laps to go and my fornt tire felt like it pancaked on me going into turn 2-which is a sharp lefty, I overshot and the 3rd place rider got by me. I caught right back up by the last half of the last lap but we ran into a cauiton and the race ended there.
    Next race I will win the Superbike race.
    I was losing some time on the back stretch due to not geting full throttle through a fast part of the track, so I was losing some major time there. I cured that problem by ordering a race throttle, so w'll see how that works.

Anyways sorry for all the blabbing, but somepeople may be interested in this story, I know I enjoy reading race related stories.
    Here's a few pics, nothing special but it's all i got for now. And there may be a couple with the photographers watercolour on it but he puts them on our local site for us to use and to order.
    !st one is me leading the race like I did all 3 for some time. The boys need to practice launching there bikes.
    # 7 is the guy who won 2 of the races, and I have my work cut out for me with him this season. :beer:

Attached Files:

2. vito2279

vito2279 Well-Known Member

Way to go man, keep it :up: nice pics

3. RoadracerR123

RoadracerR123 Well-Known Member

nice pics. lookin solid :)

4. gixxerlvr

gixxerlvr Shoot, Move, Communicate

Good looking bike.

5. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

yeah eddie's not too bad,lol - i kid i kid. you did a fantastic job at the first round and i wish i was there to see it. keep rockin it like that and you will have great season ahead of you :beer: :up: ill talk to ya soon buddy, kent.

6. 04 R1Rider

04 R1Rider Well-Known Member

I was there with the guy, working the pits for 2 rounds, and I must say, this man is on a mission ! :wow: Congrats buddy, well deserved ! Bike looks and sounds awesome too ! :up:

Dave

7. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

Hey, These pictures are way cool.:up: Are they for sale and where can I purchase? J/K:D

8. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

How did that bike pass tech? I don't see a WERA sticker on the side and those numbers are not legal according to the WERA Rulebook.

;)

9. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

Sticker is only if you want to collect money, right?

10. photoDude

photoDude Well-Known Member

It is nice to give credit to the Photographer when you post em.
    Not required, just nice

11. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I see the MOTO-R cover but NO STICKER..no contingency for you..:)

12. Caper

Caper Well-Known Member

Whaaaat... LOL I didnt know there was contingency money for running the covers. I am in Nova Scotia Canada by the way guys so the Wera rules do not apply LOL. So Race dad i have had a couple of people asking what kind of covers they were.. Hows about that contingency money? :D And i never got any stickers! :beer:

13. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

fyi

14. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

meaning you won't get paid without the sticker. I don't know. I'm on my 2 bottle of vodka.

I do see a loophole on the photog ban here, though. If you can't post yourself, get a racer to do it.:D :Poke:

I like all the photos BTW.

15. Even Keel

Even Keel Banned

Hi jack. I need some of those super cool covers from MOTO-R. I think I'll pick some up at cycle jam. Bring right and left side to the track for me.

16. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

No Contingency for CANADA........sorry, perhaps next year.

Where should I send the stickers??

Rich, I will have plenty of stuff at CycleJam..:)