$400,000 Awarded In Racial Profiling Case

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Robert, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Robert

Robert Flies all green 'n buzzin

Passenger Awarded $400,000 In Racial Profiling Case

The guy is an American of Portuguese descent. How can this be profiling? :D :D :D

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Can someone profile me as a cracker ass cracker and give me a few hundred thou? Thanks!

3. Smokes35

Smokes35 Well-Known Member

Mongo, can i profile you as a white honkey mother fucker instead?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hmmmm, okay but the price will go up $50k.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He fits the Portugues-American profile. :Poke: :)

6. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

LMAO!

7. R1ZOOM

R1ZOOM Well-Known Member

That is such BS. I get so tired of political correctness. If the son of a bitch looked and acted shady then pull his ass off the plane. Profiling is a necessary thing in current times. The funny thing is that statisticians refer to this as trending, but the politically correct crowd refers to it as profiling. If you have a certain segent of the population more frequently involved in a criminal act then common sense should kick in and say to check them out better. I don't care which group it is either...white, black, middle-eastern, or whatever. I missed my damned flight to go pick up my new patrol car because I got held up in New Orleans traffic, then at the security checkpoint I got the full works...pulled out of line and shoes off, belt, metal detector, and all of the other BS, which caused me to miss my flight...and I am a cop! Did I throw a fit and sue the airline or TSA? Hell no, that's part of flying, if you can't deal with it then don't fly. I hate it for people that look middle-eastern, but last time I checked all of the planes that crashed on 9/11 were taken over by middle-eastern looking men, and lots of terrorists come from this region. So if you look middle-eastern you can blame folks who look similar to you for causing your flying problems...don't blame airlines for being cautious.

It would be one thing if they roughed this guy up, or charged him with something bogus, but to simply question him and send him on his way is hardly grounds for such a lawsuit.

8. Robert

How does one “look shady?” I haven't heard details about what it was this guy did but I'm betting he wasn't chanting verses from the Koran.

Maybe Michael Jackson was onto something? :D

9. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Maybe the guy was more pissed off about what happened after he was taken off his flight:

"We went to the American Airlines ticket counter and they refunded our fares for all three of us and told me I was being denied service," Cerqueira said. "They didn't tell me for how long and I had to figure out a way to get home."

10. Shyster d'Oil

By looking like he's from the Middle East, of course.

11. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

The only reason you stopped me is because I'm black.
    The only reason you said that is because I'm white.

12. R1ZOOM

R1ZOOM Well-Known Member

The complaint included an e-mail message, which Cerqueira said is from an airline official, stating, "Our investigation has revealed that our personnel perceived certain aspects of your behavior, which could have made other customers uncomfortable on board the aircraft."

13. tcasby

tcasby Banned

The airlines have the right to profile, the profiled have the right to sue, judges and juries have the right to award damages. So what's your problem?

14. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

The complete political correctness trend is dumb as hell. Profiling is a defense action that's been in place since the beginning of time. Even animals "profile." The cavemen did it. To the warring people of that age anyone that didn't look like yourself was suspect until you got to know them. "Ugg. The ones that kill us are the ones with dark skin." or, "Ugg, the ones that kill us and steal our women are the ones with white skin and bones in noses."
    Profiling has been a part of life since forever and to try to deny it is just plain stupid.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2007
  15. Robert

I was thinking profiling exemption cards for white grandmothers would solve most of media problem.

But here's an even better idea.. how about US airlines offer a “pre-profiling VIP program” for people who look Middle Eastern and know they're going to be discriminated against but don't want those embarassing delays?

16. weber#465

weber#465 mud fight

:crackup:

I like that.

but that would be discriminating

17. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Why not let the airlines and terminals asume responsibility for security? That way, if you wanted to be safer flying, you could pay more.

18. Robert

Why not spend millions of dollars making lists of people who are too dangerous to fly under any circumstances but are too innocent to be arrested?

Oops, they're already doing that. :)

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Why not let everyone on the airlines without any screening whatsoever? So what if a few bombs make it on board. At least everyones rights will be intact.

20. Shyster d'Oil

Post of the Day!!!!!