AMA Racing - how does this save money?

Discussion in 'General' started by G 97, Nov 26, 2013.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I kept reading through it looking for sort of schedule change that was really cool for the two days. Took me forever to figure out they were just cutting out the practice day.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

It saves DMG the Friday track rental fee if they're forced to self promote a few rounds. *BLAMO! two in the face! Cost savings!*

4. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

It saves money FOR AMA/DMG....geez, you are trying to hard to make it ABOUT The RACERS..

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

:stupid: first the press release from DMG, blah blah blah followed by a press release from NJMP, blah blah blah. And basically nothing on the new format other than basically at one event we will be there for two day Vs. three like at the other tracks blah blah, save money blah? EXCITING NEWS:confused:

6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Oooops,my bad :D

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pretty sure NJMP pays them versus a straight rental so it'll save NJMP money.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and Joisey can rent friday out to pro motion or another track day org for big ass bucks.

9. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Not hard to label something "A Cost Cutting Measure"...also hard to actually argue it isn't..because it will save people money..also it will be a loss of revenue, for someone.

10. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Garth, J.D. Rashid just texted me and told you to STFU. And some other stuff.

11. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

It would save one day's hotels, meals, and rental car. That's what - for a three man crew plus rider (small team) - $300-$400? The teams that are well prepared will be ready to go on Saturday morning and will do well in the long run. The teams that are not will struggle.

Teams were asked about this and gave feedback. DMG reacted to it.

12. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Hey Rick, Happy Thanksgiving Sir.

If they ran it all on Sunday, it could save a ton of $$...:)

13. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

If they didn't run at all, we could light our Cubans with $100 bills.

And Happy Turkey Day to my favorite metal melter.

14. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

:stupid:

The people who object to this, obviously aren't paying for flights, hotels, mechanics, etc.

It was proposed and endorsed by Yamaha and Graves as a way to reduce costs for everybody in the paddock, and it makes sense. I agree with it.

15. Robby-Bobby

Flights should not matter. Ya gonna fly to the races regardless. Whether you fly in on thurs or friday.

However, doesn't it cost more to fly Friday than Thurs?

DaveK might know better than me...

16. John29

It does if you consider mechanics being paid on a day rate, hotel rooms, what your tire bill looks like for a three-day event vs. a two-day event, etc.

The cost of getting on the grid needs to be reduced. Ya gotta start someplace. This is a someplace that makes sense.

17. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

JU, watch out what you wish for...12rnds becomes 6, 6 down to 4..it could end up like ProStar..down to a Manufactures Cup race TWICE a Year, that saved a lot of people a lot of money...;)

18. Robby-Bobby

This is definitely true:)

19. John29

Well OK then! Nothing should be changed!

(Delete the reference to flights. I just used it as an example of costs, and to make the point that to a lot of people who have to actually pay for that kind of stuff and pay their crews, saving money is a good thing.)

20. Vstate60

Vstate60 Jaspon&Armas, PA

Well what in the hell are we supposed to complain about if DMG are doing the right things?