Need Your Race Bike Painted?

Discussion in 'General' started by rwood64083, Aug 11, 2012.

1. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

Chuck Deez is one of our southeast V7 guys and is ever so expanding his side business doing bodywork and paint on race bikes for us. Paintwork is very expensive if done with good materials and workmanship. I tried the Duplicolor/Krylon route (which worked well... short term) until the first time I had a little fuel spill and then the paint streaking began. Nothing against anyone that paints their bikes with rattle-can paint. Whatever works for you is great! If you're looking for something more professionally done with high quality, multi-colors, eye catching and long lasting, contact Chuck here in the forums. He's a regular in the vintage forums (GPracer15).

Some of you got a chance to check out the paintwork Chuck did on bodywork for Stickboy at Jennings. Check out the overly rashed bodywork he repaired and paint scheme he put on another V7 bike for one of our southeast guys (pay no attention to the china cabinet in the background :D )

Way to go Chuck :beer:
    [​IMG]

2. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Damn an armored car company sponsoring a wera racer, cool!

3. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

Great Job Chuck D!!!

4. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Chuck is definitely the MAN.

Mine before I ruined Chuck's nice work.

[​IMG]

5. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Dustin I got to ride that before you break it :)

6. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

No no. I already broke it.

:(
    [​IMG]

7. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Especially, the paint. The last time I went to PPG the bill was $600! I honestly don't know how they make any money once they figure in their time to prep the surfaces.

8. rwood64083

I thought Chuck gave you explicit instructions to put a tiny little inconspicuous scratch somewhere on the new paint so the track gremlins wouldn't mess with ya. Got a little carried away didn't we? :Poke:

I know, crazy isn't it? I don't know how he's turning out the great work for the minimal pricing he's charging. I've thought about sending my stuff, and I work in a restoration shop :confused:

9. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Damn, can I still ride it? :D

10. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Oh it's back together :D

I just have to get another tank and tail.

11. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

This was done for me over a year ago. I mean Ive spent a year now looking at the plastic wrapped oh so gently to protect the paint cause I just couldnt get the bike together. As most of you know I had heart surgery last year and my recovery hasnt been easy. I have had these parts for some time now and just couldnt afford to get it finished. A good friend, and a birthday present later and there she sits. Looking oh so good. I cant believe its my ride. I wanted the look of my old CRB1K that I lost in the house fire a few years ago and Chuck D done a fantastic job.:bow: The body work was trashed and everything was repaired except the tail we baught new just b4 starting this project.
    So if you want some good work done, definatly get in touch with Chuck. Hope to see all of you for the start of 2013s season. Hoping to be healthy enough to at least come ride.

12. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Dyle, is your race bike parked inside your house next to your wives fine china? Nice!

Chuck painted a zx7r, Ducati 748, and an Aprilia mille race bike for me. Good stuff, and a fellow sc racer.

13. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

That will buff right out.

14. CNI Dawg

CNI Dawg Well-Known Member

Yep, I learned the hard way too !
    Next nice paint job I get I just gonna go ahead & key it both sides, tank, & tail so I don't crash it

15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I love red white and blue Hondas:up:

16. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

Matt and Chris assembled it in Chris's home. They spend more time there than here and my shed is closer to that end of the property than the end where my house is. Hey Im not complaining. Look at it, its together.:bow::D

17. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Not much money in it to be honest especially competing with professionals that can use leftover materials on bikes while I have to buy everything per bike.

I have done some where I just broke even:wow:

That seems to be a Honda guys default color selection :Poke:

Wow I just saw this tread, thanks Woody. Its nice to hear your work is approved of by most everyone. I have not had a complaint yet so I guess I could ease up on myself a bit lol.....Its very nerve racking to compete with professionals when your at a hobbiest level....I am very honored to hear what you guys are saying about my work. Thanks for all the business. This year has been quite a busy one.

18. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

My days a TV Repair man.....I can fix it....

19. rwood64083

Bet he's got this ultimate set of tools too, right?

[​IMG]

Don't worry Chuck, we're gonna keep you busy with paintwork for long long time :Poke:

20. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Is that a "before" picture of Dyles bike. I saw his bodywork when Chuck got it....looked similar....lol.