1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jackie Chiles to the courtesy phone

Discussion in 'General' started by Cliffy, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Cliffy

Cliffy Well-Known Member

call me please ASAP!!!

2. Cliffy

Cliffy Well-Known Member

Just a heads up I was in jail today and really have some questions. 229-435-1500 :mad:

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well now we need a lot more details.

4. Spicoli

Spicoli Cannoli Owned

Okay, this thread has potential. :D

5. Cliffy

Cliffy Well-Known Member

OK case started out three weeks ago, one of my employees told a kid he would pay him to help him w/ some tasks. Things got done half assed, needless to say my employee had to come out of his pocket to correct some of the screw up. When it came time to pay the help he told the kid that they needed to have a little pow wow about the screw up before he paid him anything. About 5 days later I get subpoenaed to appear in court brining documents documenting this kids employment. 1) The kid was never an employee, 2) Any documents relating to my actual employee belong to the Corporation based in Flowery Branch, GA.

I showed up in court got called to the stand and stated the facts: my name, the 2 Corporations I work for, and that because I am not an Officer of the Corp and only an employee, I could not produce any documents. I was then told I was in contempt of court handcuffed and taken to jail. I was then booked and released 3 hours later. Never read my Miranda rights, never issued a ticket or placed under arrest.

Meanwhile the judge told my employee he had to pay the kid whatever he asked otherwise he would be charged with theft. Employee asked judge , your honor I would like this case dismissed since it is a civil matter and not a criminal matter and if the defendant so chooses he can file the case there. Judge responded with this is my courtroom I'll do as I please.

My employee then produced his pay documents which show what he was paid for this month and I was let out of the clink. Case was continued.

I see the outcome now, next Wed they will issue a warrant for my employees arrest based on a steaming pile of cow dung which should have never been heard as a criminal case.

6. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Meet any interesting people in jail?:D

7. Cliffy

Cliffy Well-Known Member

Funny thing is I knew the kid in the holding cell with me and the kid in charge of booking was cool as hell.

8. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

What does your company's legal department say about this? Have you contacted them? Does your direct supervision know the circumstances?

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Did you have to stab anyone with a shank made from your toothbrush?

10. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

I can't tell you how awesome it is that you were gone for a year, and when you return you're tossed in the clink on Day 2.

:D

11. Cliffy

Cliffy Well-Known Member

No legal department, direct supervisor picked me up at the jail, yes they know the circumstances and took the same opinion. Judge overstepping his bounds.

12. Cliffy

Cliffy Well-Known Member

I've been here for the last six months, you've just missed me!:beer:

13. Cliffy

Cliffy Well-Known Member

I was supposed to get a toothbrush...I was gyped again...:mad: :mad:

14. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

My guess is that I am his company's legal department. Poor Cliffy. I knew him well. :D

Cliffy: Wife is yapping on the phone with a neighbor about another neighbors' divorce. This could be a while. I guess I'll go dig up the cell phone. . .

15. Cliffy

Cliffy Well-Known Member

anytime, I'll be up for a few hours, wife is out of town.:rock:

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What in the hell did your idiot employee hire a stupid kid to do?

17. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Problem solved: I advised Cliffy to move out of state.

18. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

You're good. :wow:

19. Cliffy

Cliffy Well-Known Member

This is all over $230.00 that the kid is claiming. He had to clean out and inventory vehicles. He lost a set of keys and then didn't remove all of the property from a vehicle.

In the meantime I am packing my my bags to leave the state.:(

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Oh, Cliffy is Cliff! Damn, I just figured it out. 'sup dude? :)