1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e-racings bodywork

Discussion in 'Tech' started by jeredh, Jan 15, 2007.

1. jeredh

jeredh Well-Known Member

Anyone have any comments on e-racings fiberglass?

Ease of installation, fit, paintability, etc

2. Ray-Ray

Ray-Ray wera #151

I have a set they wreck very well I will say there customer services is fantastic.. But they do run out of body work.. I'am waiting on them to get in a new set.. they fit great I just can painted it.. but the fiberglass work is great..

3. tony715

tony715 Well-Known Member

i know a guy who has a set. they fit fine. mounting them was a breeze. as far as crashability. they do not hold up like sharkskins. he had a slow low side and burned a hole in his tail piece. if you like the foam pad on the tail piece you might want to buy the sharkskin tail and the rest of the body you could use the e-racing stuff. that would still save you some cash. if money isn't an issue save yourself in the long term and get the sharkskins. you won't be dissapointed

my .02

have a good one!:up:

4. jeredh

jeredh Well-Known Member

thanks guys. i went ahead and dished out the $700.00 for the sharkskinz.

ebay had the e-racings set on ebay for $325.00. Great deal that i didn't want to pass up, but i heard so many good things about the sharkz.

thanks again.

5. tony715

where did you get your sharkskinz. i have been looking to buy a new set for my 600rr

6. 56cbr600rr

56cbr600rr Well-Known Member

E fairings I thought were awful, however, I thought the Tromex were much better...

7. jeredh

jeredh Well-Known Member

http://www.hardracing.com

Or you can get them from direct from Sharkskinz.com Hardracing is actually cheaper than direct (i.e., retail).

8. juni5

juni5 Well-Known Member

I've been hearing good things about e-racings stuff, well at least good for the price..I'm definitely thinking about purchasing some for the next bike..They can't be worse than the hotbodies..If I had the money I'd go with sharkskins too..Had a set before and the fit was great..The lower did have a tendency to rub though..

9. fit is just as good as sharkskinz, alot lighter, way better than hotbodies, very friendly people to deal with, well worth 350, e-racings.com

10. tony715

blake,

i think your biased.:moon:

they are alot thinner than sharkskinz, don't you think?

p.s: where is that e-mail address.

11. yes they are thinner, so they flex good too, the crash that burned a hole in the tail, would have also burned a hole in the sharkskinz too. sharkskinz makes top of the line body work, but you could get almost 3 sets of e-racing for the price of sharkskinz, and if hotbodies sells for around 600 700, e-racings should sell for around 5000.

12. tony715

i agree that the e-racing looks to be a decent product and i would buy a set if i didn't want to dish out for the sharkinz. but.. i have had similar low sides (and much worse) and the sharksinz are still in tact. next time i'm in the area i would like to take a better look at the e-racing stuff. :moon:

13. dc2004600

dc2004600 Well-Known Member

I am happy with them and if anything happens, I will get them again. Good product for the price.

14. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

I used e-racing on my 05 zx6rr last year and crashed on the same set twice - tough as nails, and excellent value for the money.

Watch out for formula1composites, though (sold through E-Bay). The bodywork I received from them was heavily cracked out of the box and overall poor quality, imo.

15. PainterDude

PainterDude Member

Next Time...Call me First....I have best price on Sharkskinz & Catalyst Race Bodies....Save $$$$$$....Great Price on Paint work too....+ Best prices on crash protection, Puig windscreens, SATO, Power commmanders....

john
    www.FinishingTouch4u.com

16. brex

brex Well-Known Member

I bought a set of e-racings and they mounted up like a breeze. They look good, were easy to paint and fit about as perfect as any fiberglass could.
    If I destroy this set, I will be buying another without any second thought.

17. Xceeding Limits

Xceeding Limits Well-Known Member

I am intersted but they don't have any for my RC51...

Jason

18. gladding24

gladding24 New Member

I will nominate E-Racing as well, really well built, 100X more sturdy than Hotbodies. there's enough Mat and glass in the e-racing stuff for good durability and ease of repair.

19. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

the Pit-Eck stuff on ebay is supposed to be decent too.

20. slow rider

slow rider Well-Known Member

I'll give 2 shouts out to e-racings. I bought a set last year for my GSXR 1k, and this year for my R6. Fitting time is quick, drill mark dimples in the bodywork are properly aligned to where the screw holes on the bike are. The finish is very nice. They used to give out free tshirts, but I don't think they do that anymore. Granted, I'm not saying they are Sharkskinz, but the e-racings are a better value in my opinion. :up: :up: