1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I quit smoking today, anybody else want in?

Discussion in 'General' started by V5 Racer, Sep 18, 2006.

1. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Misery loves company almost as much as racers love competition, and I figure some competition might help.

Anybody else want to quit? My goal is to be smoke/nicotine free and at my current weight by the GNF.

2. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Good luck. I have an addictive personality. I really really want to quit but I find it hard.

3. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Nope, but good luck.

4. Princess886

Princess886 Kidd's Mechanic

I've never smoked, but I'm extremely addicted to caffeeeeeeeen! I will quit drinking coffee in the morning. You can bet that I'll be miserable. Good luck!

5. Booger Van der Jackass

Booger Van der Jackass Well-Known Member

I'll join. I just bought a pack of Camel Wide Menthols. I figured they would make me too sick want to continue smoking.

6. OldSlowGuy

OldSlowGuy Unregistered User

Hey Kurt, that's great!!!

Don't put too much pressure on yourself all at once. If you can not smoke for a couple of months, then after that dieting is a piece of cake. Uh, sugar-free, fat-free cake, that is.

Remember, if it seems like it's hard as hell, there's a simple reason -- it is. If you slip up and have a smoke, don't beat yourself up and dive back into it, just gather your wits and resolve and keep fighting the good fight.

I've been off of that particular evil weed for about 10 months now. Gained almost 20 pounds during the first 90 days, but have lost over 30 since then. It can be done.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Good luck. That was one of the toughest things I've ever done.

8. Kuala76

Kuala76 MARRC President 2013

Today is my first day "smoke free".

The goal...quit smoking

The reward....MOTOGP 2007 in Estoril and Valencia !!!

Well worth it I think. :beer:

~Kumi
    MARRC Corner Worker

9. gixxerfreak03

gixxerfreak03 Well-Known Member

I need to quit too!!!

10. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

I'm a workoholic. I'm planning to quit in the morning, too. Everyone waiting for repairs and stuff can just be understanding, because this is part of my recovery. :wow: :D

Seriously, Good luck to you and everyone else making positive changes. :up:

11. Slick228

Slick228 I dropped oil there, too.

Kurt, good luck to ya! :up: First 72 hours are the worst with the body and mind going through detox. Taking even one drag will reset that 72 hours, should you decide to cheat.

Quitting cold turkey is the best and can be done. I did it, November 2004 after smoking a pack a day for 15 years.

Have you checked this out yet? www.whyquit.com

:up:

12. I went all weekend w/o smoking, then had one at work today.

13. Ryan Nelson

Ryan Nelson Well-Known Member

I just finished off a pack and decided I'm gonna quit. I'm going to Mid-Ohio with the owner of 29 Dreams who just quit 3 weeks ago, so I need to be smoke free this week for both our sakes. Can't say I'm looking forward to the process - been thru it before.
    Good timing on the thread.

14. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Well, I am using the patch. People who know me describe my personality as "volatile", so I felt some level of nicotine for a period will be best. But even with the patch I feel like gnawing my left hand off right now.

:D

On top of my other reasons, I now I have even more motivation, as I can expect public humiliation if I slide backwards and somebody sees me at the GNF with a cig dangling out of my mouth.

15. OldSlowGuy

OldSlowGuy Unregistered User

That would be correct. :D :beer:

16. onefastgs500

onefastgs500 Well-Known Member

quit cold turkey on my 40th bday in april after 26 yrs gained 20#'s but still worth it.:beer:

17. 45° Please

45° Please Large Member

Just wait until you can smell youselfs again or other people smoking

while you are eating.

FUUUUG that shiot stinks like expired ass!

And yes, I use to smoke.

18. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I quit april 1st did the low level lazer deal,never cheated once, had no desire to.That was by far the best 250 bucks I ever spent on myself. I had smoked for 18 years:beer:

19. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

I quit by using the patch a few months ago...the patch works but I don't like wearing it at night. It gave me some super messed up dreams.

You quit today and I bought my first pack in months today after a really stressful day at work. Hope I don't pick it up again.

20. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

Never heard of that...what is it?