1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zx7r dymag, marchesini, rims

Discussion in 'Wanted to buy or trade' started by Lance Smeal, May 2, 2021.

1. Lance Smeal

Lance Smeal New Member

2. Lance Smeal

Lance Smeal New Member

Sadly it looks like all I'm gonna find are old magnesium rims n after my research it's just to iffy to chance running those on the street.. sucks cause the first guy to hit me up had exactly 100% the rims I wanted for awesome price..
    If I was in the U.K. where there are lots of companies to inspect them/refurbish them it would be a no brainer.. Sadly no one in the USA does magnesium restoration.. (very special process for magnesium)
    Thank to all you guys..

3. Steve750r

Steve750r Well-Known Member

I have a guy that does Mag wheels. It can be done. He does frame straightening, wheel straightening etc. And he will do magnesium wheels. Just had him fix/weld one. He also used to do frame straightening for yoshimura in CA. He is in AZ

4. Lance Smeal

Lance Smeal New Member

Hmmm very special process to do magnesium rims correctly n preserve them.. plus unless he can x-ray them its not a 100% that the rims are crack free...
    I appreciate the info though.. after my research it's just not worth the risk to me..