1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZX400

Discussion in 'General' started by G Dawg, Feb 1, 2023.

1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

After a 535 kit, hitchcocks 5 speed tranny, BB ignition, mikuni carb swap, and other miscellaneous bits, I had enough of the bastard :D I rode it plenty, bouncing between my first fzr400 and that RE……….I’m standing by my not so professional club racer opinion a 400+ lbs Yamaha takes the cake :D I do love those iron barreled bullets all the same, and take them for what they are though. Ended up trading the bullet for a nice vtr250 that I rode the piss out of, til a texting driver took us out. No regerts!!!!!!

2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Awesome looking machine. I’ve had 10 Interceptors over the years, but never a 86. I did have a 86 1000r. Currently have a black 06. I do miss the gear whine!

3. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

'86 1000R club here:D. It haunted most cagers because it was the same noise from the KZ1000 Highway Patrol bikes for so many years. Right Ponch?:blart:

I remember thinking that 120hp beast was a hyperspace time warping speed machine. All 600lbs of it!:crackup:

4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yeah, she was a heavy pig but it sure was a beautiful bike.

5. Senna

Senna Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen a review posted yet?

6. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I've been searching , found nothing so far.

Senna likes this.
  7. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

On the ZX4?? Yes but not in decent Engrish..

britx303 and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  8. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

I don't know why I want one but I do...

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  9. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

What a great bike to smoke a bunch of big bikes at your favorite track day but not have to go 160mph+. I’m already recommending it as a step up from the Ninja 400 turd I know you hate so much.

10. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Maybe so you can put you grimey hands on the engine :)

11. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I wonder how hard these are going to be to come by. Anybody know what the US production run for the first year is supposed to be?
    This is exactly what I was thinking.

12. SpeedWerks Racing

I hate (working on) Kawasaki's.................. but I bought one.. It's cool, proper F-3 Supersport from the 90's.

13. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Yeah, I really hate not having to pull the engine to work on the transmission .

14. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Without reading 15 pages of comments... what is the. Stock rear wheel HP on this 400???
    And what is the guess estimated of a slightly modified one?

15. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

16. SpeedWerks Racing

I love dropping the motor mounts on a ZX10 to put plugs in it...

17. SpeedWerks Racing

For the states, no one is saying and it's intentionally left blank.
    Graves have sorted 4 flashes that he says "have significant gains", I'd guess high 70's.

evakat likes this.
  18. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

19. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

So it is looks like 70-75hp after a good tuning... and probably around just under 400lbs after street parts stripping.
    About equal to a highly prepared FZR400.
    Should rip in the DSS and DSB classes.

20. Sudowoodo

Sudowoodo Error 404: Skill not found

Formula 2 as well, right? I have a ZX400 on order but I'm bouncing between that or an RS660 for next year.. It's all coming down to class eligibility for me. F2 has some good competition with the RS660, R7, and SV, but D SS and SB just look like bump up classes for Ninja 400s. Maybe that will change next year though.

Razr likes this.