1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ZX10R fork compatibility 3rd Gen to 4th, 5th 6th Gen

Discussion in 'Tech' started by 2Big4Bike, May 28, 2023.

1. 2Big4Bike

2Big4Bike Well-Known Member

Well, UPS seems to have lost my suspension and they won't find it or I won't have the insurance payment in time so I'm looking for replacement options.

I have a 3rd generation zx10r (08-10) and need to know if 4th generation thru current 6th generation fork would fit my triples and the axle hole.

I'm guessing there shouldn't be an issue but wanted any info if someone knows for sure.

Regards,
    Chad

2. 2Big4Bike

Anyone know if there is a difference in length between 3rd gen zx10r forks and 5th gen zx10r forks?

I know the caliper mounting bolts are 108mm on the 3rd gen and 100mm on the 5th gen...but I don't know about the fork length.

Regards,
    Chad

3. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

Keep in mind that the fork bottoms will prolly be different on the 4th-6th gens because of traction control sensors. I'm not sure if the Gen 3 has the same sensor setup. I believe 4th gen and newer also has specific front wheels.

2011+ is basically the same'ish frame but I believe it was a major change from the 3rd gen. I would honestly just try to get another set of 3rd gen forks to save yourself the potential headache.

4. 2Big4Bike

Thanks for the input Billy.

There's no traction control sensors on the 3rd gen...also, the front axle is the same so a 3rd gen wheel will work with the 5th gen forks as long as the rotor spacing is the same on the 3rd - 5th gen so the calipers would line up.

Regards,
    Chad