1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You Know How I Know You're Old.....reading glasses

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Mar 28, 2022.

1. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

What?? No magnifying glass? :D

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

No line bifocals.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

If you aren't consumed by fashion, and go to a decent eye doc, you can get a good set of frames and just replace the lenses when the prescription changes.

BigBird and MotoGP69 like this.
  4. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Toward the end of December a local racer threw a big party for his b-day and invited a bunch of us that he mx raced with in the 70’s and 80’s. With our wives there were maybe 100 people in a very noisy banquet room, and all of us were saying “huh?” And “say that again” to each other. Natch, the conversation eventually turned to hearing, or lack of it, and our wives were there to verify most of us couldn’t hear sh$t anymore. We used to say, “racers used to get together to talk about women but when they get old they talk about knees.” Except now, we used to talk about knees and now we talk about hearing. The verdict at the end of the night is, the best deal is the Costco ones.

Gino230, TurboBlew, BigBird and 2 others like this.
  5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Funny...last year I was using a 1.5 reader for work & reading.
    Fast foward through 140hrs of hyperbaric and a followup eye exam... now I dont need readers. The downside... Ive become nearsighted.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

"Well Jane, it just goes to show you, it's always something..."

[​IMG]

TurboBlew likes this.
  7. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I just had my first eye exam in years last Friday, and surprise, I'm farsighted. Very mild prescription, and I didn't bother getting glasses to correct it, but it's there. I was more interested in getting a pair of Oakleys with the golf ball finding lenses than corrective lenses to read lol.

BigBird likes this.
  8. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I would suggest you stop playing golf instead.....

9. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

You would be wrong.

10. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

When I'm working on a fine woodworking project (jewelry box, furniture, hope chest, etc.) I always leave the tape measure I'm using on the project. It's the one tool that doesn't get put away at the end of the day when cleaning up. Something else my Dad did was, once he found a tape measure he liked, he bought several of them; hoping that they'd be close to the same. Sometimes they were, sometimes they weren't. That's why he taught me to always use the same tape on a project from start to finish. Damn, I miss that man...

Dan Dubeau, Razr and TurboBlew like this.
  11. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Got me some bifocal contacts a while back. Good shit.

12. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Bet that they make your white NBs really pop.

pickled egg likes this.
  13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

That's a great idea, smart guy. I miss my dad too.

sharkattack likes this.