1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yamaha-deegan-cheated-at-loretta-it-looks-very-suspicious

Discussion in 'General' started by 5axis, Aug 11, 2022.

1. kevinr

kevinr Well-Known Member

Rumor has it that his Canadian Yamaha sponsor dropped him yesterday. Not confirmed though.

That was the leverage they used to get him to recind the claim and he may have got the double whammy. No 40k factory motor and still lost his sponsor.

5axis likes this.
  2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

These are not the kind of mafia tactics you use if you haven't done anything wrong. It's shit behavior on everyone's part but the kid and the AMA. If the bike isn't that special the only thing out of anyone's mouth should have been..."thanks for the money...enjoy the bike...we've got 2 more just like it in the truck".

Way to go Yamaha...you've got some real shit bags representing you.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2022
    Boman Forklift, cbush, jksoft and 2 others like this.
  3. G 97

G 97 Garth

I love how they ignore a valid claiming rule and a rightfully executed claim and simply lay blame while putting all the blow back towards a 17YO kid. What kind of POS manufacturer supports this type of behavior? Yamaha does evidently. Deegan is a POS as well.

backbone, brex and spoon32 like this.
  4. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

If I was Yamaha that rep that pulled all this shit would have his head roll. Like now. With a huge apology and bikes for life for the kid.

Dragginass, 5axis, brex and 2 others like this.
  5. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Simple solution:

If rider A claims rider B's bike for 2X MSRP, rider B is allowed to counterclaim and keep his bike for 4X MSRP, paid to rider A.

6. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

They saw how KTM blew off a "racing incident" involving their new star kid and figured the best thing to do is "protect your own".

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Now THAT’S the way to keep prices affordable for underserved rippers ;)

8. backbone

backbone scarred for life

#fuckthedeegans needs to trend

9. backbone

Dude is full of shit. I unfollowed that dick a coupleyears ago, hes an arrogant asshole, entitled dick etc.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

There should be a rule that if, as a grown-ass man, one consciously chooses to "follow" someone they are not actual friends with or related to, they don't get to talk shit after the breakup. :D

dtalbott likes this.
  11. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Has Yamaha (corporate) released any statement on this?

12. IIIRC someone claimed a set of forks from Yosh that weren’t quite as functional when they got them vs how they came off the track. All this is nothing new, this one just happens to be very public due to the spotlight on HD. There is a shit ton of politics and the damage is done on this one for the kid. Deegan is riding for a team and it’s up to them to make these decisions and when it comes down to it they swing a bigger stick than the kid who’s laid claim to the bike. This isn’t much different than the working world, you have to think the risk vs reward through because pissing off the wrong big boss can seriously limit your career. I’m not implying being a “yes man” is the way to go but there are ways to approach situations tactfully and there are often times you really have to think your strategy through.
    I don’t think Star ever thought anyone would have “dared” to try to claim the bike because they know the influence they have directly and indirectly. Personally I think they were thinking about events post LL and getting him more seat time on the kit and other voo doo magic they have going on in the bike. Whoever was making the decisions on behalf of the claiming kid should have known this would not be a simple task and backlash would be huge. Maybe they have cubic dollars besides their dealer sponsor and it doesn’t matter short term but long term taking one of the brands off the table sure limits you. HD didn’t even “need” to win LL as his short term future is secured although I’m sure the team and tuning forks would love the PR of winning. I really think the kids done well especially considering he’s been under constant watchful eyes of the industry for a long time. Listening to some podcasts with BD the guys got his head screwed on straight, has built the Kadashian empire of MX with one difference that his kid has talent.

13. Entitled? That guys worked his balls off to build what he has for him and his family and done a damn good job of it. I’m not the biggest fan of his but hard not to respect what the guys done for his family and the sport. HD will out asses in the seats and in front of the tv. I’ll be interested to see the spike in viewing for his first pro race.

14. I just feel bad for this other kid, if indeed it was some motivation from this motor guy to basically purchase the “how to “ build a Star Yamaha I’d hope some sweet deal was made to the kids program. If not who ever was making the calls on behalf of the kid is dumb as shit.
    For the record I think it’s total BS Star flexing their muscle but I’d have bet some big money if I knew about this before the claim that it would be a complete cluster. I’m pretty sure they didn’t think anyone would dare have the balls to actually claim a bike of theirs let alone not flex their muscle enough to somehow get out of it.

15. You cannot compare a dealership who’s in a place where you are only armed with empty beer bottles to a place where they will sick meth gators on you. Back in the day when Chuck controlled all the Yamaha kit parts you’d better have hoped you’d not pissed him off. This behavior certainly isn’t exclusive to 2 wheels or even motor sports. The politics in the car world is exponentially worse than this, by a mile.
    Like I said before, it sucks all the way around. BD is towing the line saying just enough to throw a few facts out there because it’s not like he could say “this motor guy was involved and wanted to see inside it, Yamaha said “do you know who the f we are?” It’s not the cost of that bike or motor, it’s the development dollars into it. No idea how much time and effort goes into developing one but I’m assuming it’s a metric shit ton.

16. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Blah...blah...blah...Yamaha still sucks.

Knotcher, G 97, ungwaha and 1 other person like this.
  17. brex

brex Well-Known Member

And deegan saying the motor guy wanted it is nothing other than speculation based on his opinion and zero fact.
    Only personal interaction I have had with deegan was about a decade ago at this point when his daughter was racing the trophy karts. He's a grade a dickhead, pretty much all the families with kids in those classes hated him. And most of the drivers in the pro2/pro4 classes wanted nothing to do with him either.

backbone likes this.
  18. backbone

Just becaused he worked his ass off doesnt mean he's not an entitled dick right fucking now and for the last few years.

5axis likes this.
  19. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

Well after reading most of 61 page thread i can say i have a better understanding in regards to the stuff that you dont see behind the facade , and while my wife chatted over breakfast this AM all i could hear was Jack Nicholson " YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH' . Funny how that works

socalrider likes this.
  20. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

So my new take on this is FUCK star Yamaha and Deegan and Anyone else intimidating this kid.

fuckers should have taken multiple ass beatings and uppercuts.