1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

xtrm & Pirelli

Discussion in 'General' started by GCBusa, Oct 26, 2010.

1. GCBusa

GCBusa Well-Known Member

I know there aren't that many of us Pirelli riders left in the southeast region but are you guys growing more frustrated with Pirelli and xtrm like me?

Payouts started out pretty good this year as far as quick payment, but towards the end of the season it seemed to have gotten worse. I still haven't been paid for the Barber National so I go the xtrm site and see several member posts also asking about status on delayed payment from various events. And I see responses from the xtrm/Pirelli rep saying things like:

"still waiting on funding from Pirelli"

"didn't have enough funds to pay you the full amount so paid what we could and will pay the rest when more funding becomes available"

So what's going on with Pirelli contingency? I've been loyal to the brand for many years and I had hoped that the xtrm relationship would resolve the issues of the past but we seem to be falling back into the same old situation with Pirelli contingency.

Not really looking to change brands but they sure seem to keep pushing me in that direction.

Oh, and no need for the Dunlop guys to chime in. I get harassed enough already by my endurance teammates who are all on Dunlops. :D

2. H8R

H8R Bansgivings in process

We've had no issues getting racers paid out west. Frankly once someone is set up it comes like clockwork. The first time you get paid takes awhile...but after that it's been a no brainer for me and my Pirelli racers.

3. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

Gill.............................. :D No comment. :D

4. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

I've had no issue (and no, Gianni doesn't 'own' me as one of 'his' racers).

5. tlr74

tlr74 4seven4

:up:

6. lightning97

lightning97 Well-Known Member

the last part of the year has come slow with Pirelli payment for me also. i thought the amounts seemed to be lower but didn't check the contingency notices. i have just been glad when there were 8 or more on the grid as that is not always the case in HVWT Twins.
    tim

7. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

edit: just read the plea for no dunlop harassments :D

8. daviid

daviid Well-Known Member

i bailed on pirelli soley because of xtrm.

9. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

No issues here. Worked great, minus the fee XTRM charges. But that goes for Michelin and others as well.

10. H8R

I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad about this. :D

11. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

I'll need tires at Vegas, but I think that's Cory...

You know my thoughts on Firebird, and that was borne out this last weekend. Someday, maybe I'll race AMP or C'walla.

12. H8R

Yup...Cory is the man!

Are you doing the Friday trackday?

13. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

No, I've got recurring meetings scheduled for Friday morning, too difficult to move them.

14. H8R

OK...cool. See you this weekend.