1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB: SV650 track bike

Discussion in 'Wanted to buy or trade' started by nmorrisette, Apr 18, 2016.

1. nmorrisette

nmorrisette Member

2-3k USD to spend. Looking for a prepped or semi prepped track bike. Located in New England. Let me know :)

2. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Interested in a project?

3. nmorrisette

nmorrisette Member

Depends! Can I see some pictures and what year is it?

4. kanatuna

I'll get pictures. 2000 model i think...It was a street bike that we converted for a friend but he never tracked it.

Zx10 shock, emulators up front, woodcraft rearsets, slip on exhaust, upper fairing, belly pan and stock tail. It's safety wired and has Pirelli DOTs. It's ugly. Has a clear title.
    $800. Located in ohio. I'll get pics

5. nmorrisette

nmorrisette Member

for sure let me know!

6. kanatuna

It does need work....nothing major but some little stuff... And cleaning lol

7. nmorrisette

nmorrisette Member

what work does it need? Cleaning doesnt bother me.

8. kanatuna

I think the clutch cover gasket needs replaced... Otherwise, cleaning and paint.

9. nmorrisette

nmorrisette Member

okay let me know when you find some pictures!

10. kanatuna

Pictures are too large to load. Message me your cell number or email address.

It has the street tail and seats, they just weren't mounted. As I said, it's ugly and it needs cleaned. It's got a new battery, oil change and it runs/rides. The tires on it would make it through a track day.

11. ROSSIFAN

ROSSIFAN Well-Known Member

Got a 99 sv650 with 08 gsxr fairings, quick turn throttle, zx6 shock, race tech emulators. Carbs have been jetted. Good track bike. Asking $2800. Also have an 04 sv1000 that needs some work. Sale you both for $4k.

12. The_Yakkis

The_Yakkis I used to think I was fast

If the OP is not interested in the sv1000, I may be.

Clean title on it in your name ? or no title ?

13. ROSSIFAN

ROSSIFAN Well-Known Member

I do not have a title. It would have to be a track buy or you would have to do a bonded title. Would love to sell both as a package as I have my eyes on another bike, but......

14. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member