1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB: PM Chicanes for 93-95 ZX7 94-97 ZX9

Discussion in 'Wanted to buy or trade' started by Pan, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Pan

Pan Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a set or just the rear rim for the bikes listed above. PLEASE no other make or model rims as PM does NOT make the hubs to convert-I've called!!
    Price, PICs, and detailed description sent to ([email protected])
    ANY leads via Craigslist or ebay appreciated.

2. Pan

Pan Well-Known Member

bumppp

3. lance89

lance89 Well-Known Member

Good luck with finding a set. They seem to getting harder to find. The people that have them are hanging on to them. I lucked out and found a set on ebay a year or so ago. I hope you find a set. I talked to PM ( ask for Rick ) about mine when I got them because the rear was missing a spacer and bearings. i talked to Rick and he looked up the old prints on them and they cut me a spacer and told me what bearings i needed. So maybe he could give you some better help on getting parts made if you find some for another bike. Good luck. Lance

4. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

damn i had a set laying here at my shop like 7 years from one of my project, they were the THIN ones (yes they made 2 thicknesses) and BLUE!! From one of Dale Quarterly bikes iirc.

I think my buddy i lent too never used them. Ill have to give him a call and see if he still has. If so, ill post up to sell.

5. Pan

Pan Well-Known Member

Lance-thanks, I too had 2 sets back in the day.
    Ed- LMK if you still have those blue PM's

6. omnivore

omnivore Well-Known Member

7. Pan

Pan Well-Known Member

omnivore- the 96+ ZX7 rims are different. ONLY 91-95 ZX7 and 94-97 ZX9 I'm certain will fit!

8. Pan

Pan Well-Known Member

1991-95 ZX7 all use the same wheels/rims!

9. lance89

lance89 Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure about the rear wheels,but I have a PM wheel with stock 94rotors that I used on a 94 front end. I swithched out forks and trees and calipers with 98 using the same PM wheel and 94 rotors. Lance

10. Pan

Pan Well-Known Member

COOL to know about the front rims. I called PM and was told that the rear hubs are definitely different.

11. ed who?

rear hubs VERY different. IIRC the fronts from 1991 to 2011 (lol) will fit..but rotors might be different. I called my painter (i lent to him for his project zx) ill find out if he still has them..plus i think i had 2 sets of rotors, PM, 1 was 320 1 was huge 330mm....ill pm ya if i get ahold.

12. Pan

Pan Well-Known Member

THANKS Ed! (IIRC the fronts: I don't understand??)

13. repsol600

repsol600 Well-Known Member

IIRC: if i recall/remember correctly

14. Pan

Pan Well-Known Member

Got it!

15. omnivore

omnivore Well-Known Member

Even if the rims I showed you aren't plug and play, make em work. At that price it's worth it. The rims and rotors would retail near 5 grand.

16. Pan

Pan Well-Known Member

Omnivore-I will consider it, but I'm not that handy @ fabricating!

17. Pan

Pan Well-Known Member

My racelite PM Chicanes

This is what I'm currently try to build. I sent the motor out to Mototune's Pat McGivern in '99. 2MM over & hi-velocity ported head!
    Missed a shift, dropped a valve, and Ka-boom.. Sold the bike in 2002 and regretted it until '07 when I bought another '93.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2010
  18. ed who?

i epoxy port (you can call hi-velocity) many heads..but not all need this! this engine DOES NOT NEED THAT..especially with a 2mm kit. KISS on these engines..keep it simple stupid(not calling you that, just a saying) Good luck.

19. Pan

Pan Well-Known Member

Eric- do you recall Muzzy getting busted closing up the intake ports on a WSB ZX7R in '95? When everything was tight, this motor spooled up like NO other motor that I've had built. After dropping a valve, I bolted on a stock head and it never made power like before.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2010
  20. ed who?

yeah but that was not a 2mm big bore! Check out my thread on my REAL ZX7RR engine from Kawi WSBK.. there are pics of the head... i have done both on my ZX's over the years and the epoxy helps a bit on stockers, but once you got 2mm over and up compression (they LOVE compression) like 14:1+ you dont need it..especially with 39mm FCR's...if your running them..but to each their own.

http://edrperformance.com/insider/showthread.php?t=2602

:beer: