1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB: Leather Suit

Discussion in 'Wanted to buy or trade' started by srastoder, Jan 31, 2011.

1. srastoder

srastoder Member

I want to start doing track days, so I need a 1 or 2 pc suit. I have been looking for months now but could not find a new or used one that would fit me. I am 6'6" and 255 lb. I know, I know it will be hard to find one, but maybe one of you guys are the same size or know someone who is. Preferably black, 1 or 2 pc suit, in descent used condition. Please let me know. Thank you

2. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

good luck man...

3. JBaucom

JBaucom Well-Known Member

Where you located, I've got a friend that may have a set if you are close enough to try them on.

4. srastoder

srastoder Member

I'm in Bowling Green, KY. An hour north of Nashville, TN
    Let me know, please. Thank you

5. automan

automan It's all about the drive!

PM sent

6. raTTso

raTTso Carpe Diem, Dude

I have a set of Rhino one-piece leathers, size XXL that I am selling for my nephew, who was sent to Okinawa. He is 6' 4" and around 220 with athletic build. He had them tailored longer in the torso and wider in the shoulders. Rhino's website (rhinoleathers.com) says they will fit 46 inch chest, 38 inch waist, up to 6'2" and 230 lbs. But they are very roomy, when I put them on, and I am 6' 180 lbs. I have a 33" inseam and there is 3 more inches of leg length in them. If you are athletic build and long waisted, these just might fit you well. If you are more round in shape (sorry!), these probably won't work. Think apple shaped, not pear shaped.

I also have a Bohn back protector, that is thin and will fit nicely in a snug suit.

The suit is 1.3 mil leather, triple stitched and includes armor. Never been down. They are $359 plus shipping new. I'm asking $300 with the back protector or $250 without, shipping included. If they don't fit, you can pay to have them shipped back to me and I will return your money. Feel free to pm or email kurtkearcher at hotmail dot com.

Kurt

Attached Files:

7. srastoder

srastoder Member

what is the official size of the suit? I am getting ready to order US52 Joe Rocket that is on sale right now, just to be able to get a referance point and then return it if is way off. There is nothing local that I can try and I don't know anyone else who is close to my size and who has a suit. Once I try this one I may take you up on this if you are willing to take it back if it does not fit. Thank you.

8. ProfessorX

ProfessorX Well-Known Member

Rhino's sizing is not based on chest measurement (46, 48, etc). They use L, XL, 2XL, etc. This suit is a 2XL. Official dimensions are given in my op, but the suit feels much bigger, especially in the torso--lots of length in the torso and room in the shoulders.