1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB Krämer HKR EVO2 R

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by AeroD1, Jun 23, 2022.

1. racerx43

racerx43 Well-Known Member

Been wanting one for a bit, prob ready to pull the trigger

2. Billy B

Billy B Old N Slow

http://forums.13x.com/index.php?threads/2019-kramer-690-hkr-evo-2.374658/

I bought that one from Phil last year and these bikes are definitely as good as everyone says they are. I've had my fun on it at some track days and 1 WERA weekend and am now selling it to move on to other things. Just mounted fresh Pirellis and have a new extra back tire, crash spares, assortment of fork springs, gearing and Pitt Bull TRS pins.

Bike still looks like it did in the pic on Phil's post and is clean. Located in Ohio. $21k, PM me if interested. Thanks

racerx43 likes this.
  3. racerx43

racerx43 Well-Known Member

Might need to make a road trip…

4. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

Had a buyer for mine at $20k but his wife said he couldn't buy it so still here. Less than 400 miles. Not a scratch. Spare lithium battery and charger included. Somebody should buy it so I don't race it in September at Summit.

zx250r likes this.
  5. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

New buyer showed up and mine is going to a new home. Keeping it in the family so to speak. Dear friend of a dear friend. I could not hope for better.

6. AeroD1

AeroD1 Well-Known Member

Found one that worked for me. Thanks everyone for posting

Hugh Dunklee likes this.
  7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I know yours sold, was it the 890 or the 690? I haven't been on the big track with a motorcycle since 1992ish, but keep thinking about it. Now that I've raised the kids, got them through college and my daughter is married, it could be much closer to reality. If this was the 890, are those faster than a 600SS? I ask because I'm figuring out if I really need that much power.....actually I know I don't....but power is always fun, unless I highside to the moon.

8. shea9965

shea9965 Active Member

I have a 690 EVO 2 and have ridden a 890 duke setup for trackdays. The 890 Duke was a level faster than the 690 and was a surprise on how fast it was. Given I assume the Kramer 890 is the ultimate track day weapon, especially if you are on tracks with longer straights. I moved to the 690 EVO 2 after having a GSXR750 that was built and prior to that had an R1. I have also ridden the S1000 and Panigale V4S. If I had unlimited money, it would be hard to say no to the Kramer 890. That said, I find the 690 to be incredible and it puts the focus on maximizing corner speed, corner entry/exit, etc. With a slower bike, I think it puts more of an emphasis on that aspect of riding, vs just powering down the straights (given my age and general skill level).

9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Let's get beater Ninja 400s. Those big bikes eat tires and will spit us off. We'll keep the bikes in your warehouse. Just need to figure out how to get them to the track.

10. Boman Forklift

You have already teased me like this one too many times. :crackup:You are like the hot chick in my single days, that keeps promising me some action, but all I get is the occasional nipple slip.

11. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

:crackup:

I'm up for it.. finding bikes is another story

12. Boman Forklift

You have sold me on the smaller one and answered my question perfectly, thank you.

When I road raced, it was in the 600 class. Back then I drag raced fast bikes and would have bought a 1000 to road race. But fortunately I took the California superbike school first and realized a 600 was plenty quick enough around a road course, to scare the crap out of me when things went wrong.

In reality the 600 didn’t feel that fast in the straights, compared to my dragbike’s, but any bike can feel quick in the corners.

when I raced go karts I also selected the slower KT100 class versus shifters because I wanted to learn.

However I did buy a 250 superkart to go hit the big track. I bought the “slower” single cylinder Honda motor versus the quicker and much more expensive to maintain twin cylinder 250’s.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2022
  13. Billy B

Billy B Old N Slow

To add to what Shea said - the 690 is an extremely capable bike but yeah, its rated at 80hp. With only 275lbs to push it does accelerate well but you'll get pulled by most 600s. On my 690 I could stay in the draft of slow 600s on the straights but built R6s/etc pull away pretty easily. An 890 should eat 600s for lunch but I haven't ridden one. Still, if you're looking to build skill on the track, I'd get the 690 over the 890 all day. With no traction control the 690 has plenty of power to be tons of fun but you don't feel like you have to be a wuss opening the throttle. On the 690 its very rare to get passed in the turns, and if you do, its your own fault. The 690 owns Clubman and is fairly competitive in F2 and LW Twins SB.

I just received a deposit on mine in Ohio by the way. There aren't a lot of these bikes available so I suggest jumping on the first nice one you find for sale. Good luck with the search!

14. Crconnor18

Crconnor18 Well-Known Member

There is a very well setup duke 790 full race trim modified for clipons and every woodcraft bit, gp suspension, penske shock etc out here in Boston for 1/2 the price of a 690 Kramer. Similar top end power to the 890’s but lesser on the low end. I’d be happy to put you in contact if interested.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/405793824804937/

http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/f14/2019-ktm-790-duke-track-94960.html

I love my 790 and wish it came in a Kramer form to dominate the CCS LW classes but it truly is the best trackday/“LW” power plant

15. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

For a (fat and slow) layman, what's the main difference(s) between a Kramer 690 and a KTM SMCR 690? Mainly better chassis (duh) and the street/unnecessary equipment is removed? Or is there some other secret sauce I'm unaware of?

I think @grady anderson is well positioned to answer this one but would love anyone's input.

16. Billy B

Billy B Old N Slow

50 pounds lighter is part of the "secret sauce"

17. Michael Hausknecht

Michael Hausknecht Well-Known Member

I've a 2021 Evo2R. The Kramer and the SMCR have very little in common. The motor is mostly the same mechanically, but compare about 74 hp to 80hp, the frame, geometry, and suspension pieces differ, and obviously, the wheels brakes, swing arm, etc. , are different between the bikes.

18. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Rob have you thought about the RS 660 or R7? The RS660 is the perfect bike for guys like us. It's fast enough to be exciting, but not so much power that you'll highside yourself to the moon. You will beat up on a lot of yellow plate 600's at track days, and as we've all seen in Twins Cup, a well ridden Twins Cup bike can beat most club level 600 experts. Plus Twins and Singles are eligible for AHRMA, fun environment for us "Senior" riders. The old days of the Tractor like feeling SV 650 are long gone.

The higher HP Bikes just mean more risk in trying to get a lap time- you have to put that power down on exit, and of course carry more brake into the corner. But you already knew that.

The Kramers definitely have something going with the "cool" factor, though. I have been jonesing for something exotic / fun too. Got something in the works and will know soon. KTM is shutting down their Moto2 program this year, lots of parts should be coming available in Europe.........

19. Billy B

Billy B Old N Slow

I don't have a dog in this fight but I'd argue that all of the same can be said of the Kramer 690 as is said here about an R7 or RS660. A decent rider on the Kramer will walk away from a lesser rider on a 600 unless you're at Road America. I bought the Kramer because its a 'pure' track bike - no compromises for street legality, nothing there that isn't needed. Its a 4 stroke TZ250 that happens to use a reliable production motor. If you want more power call Joe at Kramer USA and he'll do a big bore and cam/etc to get several more hp but I didn't see the need. Also looking at the economics of the Kramer - yeah its more money to buy one but its also more when you sell, and I think its cheaper to run the lighter bike as far as tires/consumables/etc are concerned. The Kramers supposedly crash really well (I never found out myself) probably due to the light weight and design, so that's a factor too.

All of that to say, for (especially older) guys who want to go club racing without the intention of climbing the ranks to serious MA racing - get what floats your boat, and what you'll enjoy working on and looking at in your garage. For me, that was a Kramer 690 and I never regretted that purchase.

20. WillMill

WillMill CRA MN #633

We have many Kramers in our club, maybe because its Joes closest track. Everyone that has them, loves them, they do crash well, and are pretty easy on tires. Our fast guys on Kramers would be competitive in the expert 600 class. The first ones in the country were imported by a guy here. They’ve been racing here for quite awhile. They even run them in our 5-hour endurance race, and iirc, took a 3rd overall competing against everything from liter bikes to 300s.

knarlydog likes this.