1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wordle

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave Wolfe, May 8, 2022.

1. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

If you’re never going to play it, why do you care? And no, it can’t be aeiou. That’s not a word.

2. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Same except Quordle Practice included. I want that meaningless 100 sequential trophy! Dangit!

3. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

It has to be an actual word. That's why the ONSET LAIRD approach is good to start. It knocks out a lot of the highest likelihood letters in the first two guesses. That said, I'm not sure why they use ONSET instead of STONE. 54% of the time "S" is used it is the first letter and 39% of the time "E" is used it is as the last letter.

4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I share your opinion about the Grey Fishwrap, but as far as I can tell, Android Chrome doesn't have any ads/cookies to give them any revenue. If I find out otherwise, my streak will end.

As for the 'word' question, yes. It has to be on the list of 5 letter words that isn't made public.

5. auminer

ONSET TONES NOTES STONE...

There might be a couple of more acronyms in there. As I recall, STONE was the word awhile back. Wordle said that they wouldn't use the plural form of a word, so ONSET seems to be the most likely to ever be a one hit wonder.

Edit : anagrams

cBJr likes this.
  6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

That’s some strait up bull scheisse!

My favorite word only has 4 letters. :D

Yzasserina likes this.
  7. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

No plurals, so kill 50% of those.

8. auminer

Sara?

:moon:

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

That my favorite word uses one more letter than you did.

I’m curious if she’ll be on the call with the judge today, or if it will just be her attorney again. Maybe with my injury keeping me from work, I’ll study and take the bar exam. :crackup:

10. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

It looks like the opposite. ONSET was the answer on 30Aug2022. STONE hasn't been used yet, assuming this website is correct.
    https://wordfinder.yourdictionary.com/wordle/answers/

11. auminer

cBJr and Yzasserina like this.
  12. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

13. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Against my better judgement, I have allowed myself to be drawn into a wordle competition with my son. After reading some of these posts, it seems I lack the necessary devotion to excel at this game. Rather than do extensive research and develop a winning strategy, I devote the entirety of the time allotted for my morning shit to entering letters between grunts. Perhaps that is why it takes me four attempts at pretty much every single word. I must do better.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

[​IMG]

15. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

My sister and Mom all text each other our scores each day. It's a lazy way of saying hi.

16. nigel smith

I fear that the streamlining of my morning ablutions would negatively impact my wordle success rate. Losing to my son is not an option. He has been able to destroy me on a race track since he was ten. I need to maintain intellectual superiority.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

joker was the first one to get me. Got the er in the first guess and instead of looking for more letters I went for a bunch of er ending words which of course didn't work :crackup:

18. nigel smith

I had a similar experience. That is the only word I have failed on. I didn't even tell Caleb. He didn't say anything about it, so maybe he failed too.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

My thinking was that it would boost your performance by forcing you to complete the game in fewer tries, which would be an incentive to develop a strategy.

20. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Lol, I almost whiffed on that too because I tried woker first. It is the NYT after all. :p