1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wipeout....

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Jun 29, 2010.

1. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

.....is my guilty pleasure. Its like the best parts of "America's Funniest Home Videos" in gladiator competition form.

It should be called "Spinal Injury Show". I cant imagine how thick of a waiver they must sign to get pummelled in the face, catapulted, have items dropped upon their head and hit by large padded mechanical rat traps.

I laugh more in one hour of that show than with all other shows combined all week.

2. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

i'd love to be on that show. :up:

3. daMartian

daMartian Well-Known Member

i LOVE that show!!!
    my wife makes fun of me coz I am just cracking up and laughing really loud when I'm watching that show

I want to be in that show.. LOL

4. LabRat

LabRat Well-Known Member

wish there was a 'water park' like that somewhere that you could pay to go to!

5. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

I was doubled up laughing so hard I hurt my spleen last week when I think it was the "Sugar" Mom on the counter rotating sweeper arms, got hit by the sweeper, in the midsection and hung on until she was bent over backwards on the rotating plank.

That and the new zip line through the wheels with cut out shapes, seeing everyone face plant, just makes my day.

Do I have a problem?

I should note, I am a chiropractor.......all I see in this show are future patients. :D

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

OK, you guys made me research that on YouTube. Holy crap! Has anyone ever died from this?

7. Spyderchick

Spyderchick Leather Goddess

Don't know, the show originated in Japan, though. ;)

8. Chip

Chip Registered

Best. Show. On. TV.

9. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

I was sitting here thinking, "Uh huh, uh huh, yeah, yeah...," right up until that last part...Large padded mechanical rat trap...I'm kinda liking that...

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I can't say I'm surprised. I have seen some of what the Japanese do for entertainment. :D

11. Indetrucks

Indetrucks Well-Known Member

Wipeout ..... ah the memories!

Anyone recognize this course?
    $1 for anyone who can tell me the season and Episode of the people in these pics.

Hint: They were the final 8

$2 for anyone who can tell me who won :D

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      205.2 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      181 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  12. Spyderchick

It's an oldie, but search youtube for Japanese game show hit in nuts.

Much hilarity ensues. :wow: :D

13. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Sometimes I laugh so hard during that show my sides hurt. Great entertainment!

14. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

IIRC

Let's get eliminated!

I cry when I watch.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That was just retarded! :D

Do women get a full appreciation for a good hit in the nuts? Is your brain calibrated to comprehend that kind of pain before you have given birth? Cuz I'll tell you what, that is one very sensitive area. :D

16. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

what was that other similar game show recently that had two teams 3 three people? they would take turns each round with these huge foam walls with different shapes cut out that would come at them (with increasing speeds each round) and they had to conform their bodies the best they could to match the shapes and go thru the holes or the wall would push them into the pool.

17. Spyderchick

Dude, I hear you. Looks like that was a whole weird Japanese guy related thing, no women involved. :p

What I can't understand is why anyone would consent to be one of the contestants. I doubt there was a great deal of money involved! Certainly no hookers or blow.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I have never seen the whole show, but there is one clip I have seen several times that stuck in my mind. The expression on this fat woman's face when she realizes (from a good distance) that there is no way in hell she's squeezing into the hole and she might as well get ready for the bath. :crackup:

Before I looked up wipeout on YouTube, I thought that was the show y'all were talking about.

19. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Japanese do not have an issue finding hookers.

20. daMartian

daMartian Well-Known Member

hole in the wall... that is a funny show too.. i wonder if they're bringing that back