1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who's racing and what you got?

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by trispdtrip, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

RS150R Killer...still has a few WERA 85 track records (unofficial I guess).

[​IMG]

2. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

OR 50 for the win! Does it still have the banana seat? I'll try to find something equally unsuited for the track to run against you, but I can't imagine what that would be. Race it in Saturday minis and I'll swap with you on Sunday.

3. HracerRich

HracerRich New Member

Sup ya'll. #111 CRF150R. Had a blast racing it with WERA last season. Looking forward to doing it again this year.

[​IMG]

I'll also be in clubman novice on my YZ250F project.

[​IMG]

I'm hoping to see bigger grids in mini this year.

4. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

My OR50 still has the sissy bar and a step up seat. It has a small tail section too....and spoke wheels. The one I showed was an "80 model. And if someone has the helmet, and WERA will let me where it....its on. :) I'll swap ya rides Nigel. lol

5. blackbird2xx

blackbird2xx Well-Known Member

The brakes and suspension have been completly reworked. One finger braking. I'm sure the rs is better in almost every way. I may have an edge on a kart track with the shorter wheel base, but your 17's should kill me on a larger track. It's actually alot lighter than it was stock. The engine cradle was removed when the xr motor was installed, and the engine was made a stress member of the frame. That dropped 5 or 6 pounds. It also has the douglas rims(cut half the weight of the rims), and a works shock valved for my weight. The brake master is a nissin from a crf150r. It's about as well sorted as a ysr can be. It has to be to haul my old slow but around:up:
    It's all about fun for me really

6. blackbird2xx

+1 on that:(

7. 02R6

02R6 The dude abides

I race an RS125/KX65 with the OMRL. It's a great mini league if you're close.

[​IMG]

8. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Couple of years ago I built an RS105 using the RS125 motor. Couldn't get the rule changed to 105, but it was a screamer!!

9. blackbird2xx

Been trying to get up there for the last couple of years. It's about 5 hours from me. I hope I'll be able to make it this year. BTW where are you guys finding all the late model rs125 rollers to put your other engines in?????

10. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I have a couple buddies that race OMRL. Terry Wooten(Twoo) and I dont even think I know the other guys real name lol Cincibusa OMRL#6... They both did pretty well on their YSR50's this past season.

11. earacing

earacing Race Dad

I like your approach :D

12. earacing

earacing Race Dad

^^

Demonstration of how to properly store a bike for the off-season :bow:

13. earacing

earacing Race Dad

A lot of the bikes I've seen have been passed down for years as the kids move up. Every now and then someone will part out a bike, or you can get someone to sell the roller if their bike isn't selling. I bought a friends B bike chassis for around $1,800 to build our 145.

14. sbhockey

sbhockey Orange shirt #157

I've got the helmet in the garage. I'm actually planning on sending it out to get a new liner put in. Current one's pretty tore up. I'll have it in my trailer along with my yamaha MX 80.

15. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

My bike at the moment

Attached Files:

16. blackbird2xx

I may have to do that in a year or two. BTW how does your 145 do in the rs frame? How well does it compete in the formula 80 class?

17. NateDawg122

NateDawg122 Active Member

Tryce, that YZ85 you built me was a MONSTER! That bike made a 150R look like a joke down the straight.

18. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

How about a Puch? or a honda express?

19. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Impossible, there is no 85 2 stroke that a 150 can't beat :rolleyes: :D

20. cincigp

cincigp Well-Known Member

Tryce, how did you do this and what kind of power did it make?