1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who will win the Super Bowl?

Discussion in 'General' started by dtalbott, Feb 6, 2016.

?

Who will win?

1. Broncos

22 vote(s)
    36.7%
  2. Panthers

18 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. Not the Patriots

30 vote(s)
    50.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

:stupid: I don't work and don't have to pay bills and have all this free time to have "favorite" things, too bad I can't step back and appreciate anything without my clear eyes. You won the lamest post of the day award. Keep posting in threads about things you don't care about while pretending you are taking the higher route, you certainly have grown up a lot.

2. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

I see I'll have to explain this to you like I explained it to my six-year-old, who for some reason decided to root for the Panthers before the season began.

As the game wound down and he realized the Panthers were going to lose, he told me that the Broncos sucked. I explained to him that if the Broncos were that bad, then what did that say about the Panthers losing to the Broncos?

Did he learn anything? Probably not, but maybe it will start him to thinking about respecting the opponents, too.

3. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Dude, you're wisdom and nobility will almost shut up all the Patriots haters on this forum, you know- the most dominant team in football in the last 15 years that everybody loves to hate but you make sure through your posts that respect is given where it's due.
    Thank you for your support. I hope your six year old buys your bullshit more than I do.

4. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Manning did a masterful job of managing the game from his side of the ball when they were on the field. Once they had a lead, he didn't do anything to put his defense in a position where they were defending a short field. Carolina may have had more statistical yards than Denver did...but Denver's defense gave Manning and Company short fields to the end zone/goal post all night.

Denver overall just did a better job of capitalizing on opportunities and minimizing the impact of mistakes.

However for a while I thought Aqib Talib was going to cost the Broncos the game. Damn he's an idiot!

And Cam Newton needs to learn to win with grace and lose with dignity. I thought he was getting past his Pity Party antics. But he's shown again that winning is easy...losing take character.

ekraft84 likes this.
  5. StaccatoFan

I can say this....I've been a Ravens season ticket holder for going on 5 years this coming season. The two teams that bring the biggest asshole conventions to town are Philly and New England. The Steelers come to town and yes, there is trash talking. The Colts come to town, and their still bitterness from when Baltimore had that team yanked out form underneath them, yet nobody gets ignorant.

But Philly and New England fans cause more problems for the police and security staff at M&T than any others.

BigBird likes this.
  6. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

As someone already pointed out to you, it's not so much the Patriots that everybody hates as much as it is the Patriots' fans.

omatter34 likes this.
  7. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Great picture from halftime at SB1

[​IMG]

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Darrin-Z, I don't like the Ravens either. In fact, I hate them more than the Patriots. :D

9. StaccatoFan

I wasn't a huge fan either. I grew up a Steeler's Fan in ND. But, after buying PSL's and the cost of season tickets, I kind of decided I like Purple....the Home Town Team.
    I bought the PSL's with money I got after my Mom passed, and use the Sundays as an opportunity to do something with my son we both will hopefully enjoy as he grows up.

My parents were both football fans, so it's a gift to Alex and I, from the grandparents he never new.

And we get to see great players as they come to town. We've already seen Newton, both Mannings, Rogers, Wilson, Dalton, etc...and my favorite player JJ WATT!

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What do Ravens season tickets go for?

One thing I'll give you is the Baltimore fans are (mostly) pretty chill. Occasionally you get the boozed up lunkheads but you them almost everywhere.

11. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Who is Rogers?

12. StaccatoFan

Whoops...

RODGERS...you know...Discount Doublecheck! Sorry.

And I went to the damned Cardinals/Packers Playoff game this year in Arizona. I was in town anyway visiting family, so I got tickets and took my son.

That is a NICE stadium..and the fans there were Excellent based on our experience. VERY friendly crowd.

13. StaccatoFan

I sit in section 532. I have 2 tickets...they're like $77/each. Ten games is about $1600/year.

And I usually give my preseason tickets to parents I know that have a under 6 year old son or daughter that wants to go to a game. So they can spend time with their kids and make a memory together.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

How do season tickets work? You pay for them whether you go or not, right? Is there something like a yearly membership fee in addition to the individual games?

15. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

You are basically buying a seat (or seats) at the stadium for the season up front. You will have the same seat(s) for every game. You own the tickets, so you can sell them or give them away.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

OK, I got a little confused when he mentioned "10 games…" Does the upfront cost automatically include a couple of playoff games in case they happen?

17. StaccatoFan

I bought PSLs (2) in 2012. PSL = Permanent Seat Lease...basically my right to buy my season tickets. That's a one time cost.

I buy my tickets in a 10 game package annually from the Ravens. Two preseason and eight regular season games. There's no annual membership fee.
    You buy them whether you go or not. That's correct. But, the NFL and Ticketmaster have a ticket exchange where you can sell your tickets to someone else if you want because you're going to miss a game.
    Generally I don't miss regular season games. And many times you can sell your tickets online for a bit of a profit over face value. Not a lot, but maybe you can sell half your tickets if you want to pay for
    all or part of the following season's tickets.

You also get an offer for pre-purchasing your Playoff tickets every year. If you buy, and your team doesn't make it or doesn't have any home games, your pre-paid ticket money goes towards next year's tickets.

Now if you opt to not buy the ticktes, I think you lose your PSL's. Which would be foolish. You can generally sell your PSL's for more than you paid for them. I knew the people that were selling the ones I have, and
    they were nice enough to sell them to me for what they paid for them. They were moving to GA and just wanted to get rid of them.

I'll do it as long as he enjoys it, wants to go, and I can afford it. If he ever says he's no longer interested in going, maybe I'll put them up for sale. But it's something I really enjoy doing with him now.
    He's all about his soft pretzel with cheese (no salt), a soda, and yelling "Go Joe Flacco!" even when the defense is on the field. ;-)

18. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

My father-in law has a 50 yard box on the camera side at Gillette, we haven't missed a home game in the last 7 seasons that we wanted to go to. Makes me sick to think about paying for tickets but we also have access to tickets for a few away games every season at face value so we chip in for those :D

I was in Baltimore with my wife for the game in 2012 (? the day after Torrey Smith lost his younger brother in a bike crash and had a huge game with 2 td catches) and we had a great time. The Pats lost that night after they had built a huge lead, most of the home crowd had left the stadium.
    A mega trashy woman sat right behind us screaming "F you Brady, go home to your illegitimate son",she probably repeated that 1,000 times during the game, my wife still jokes about it every time they mention the team on tv or radio. We were 5 rows behind the Pats bench, those weren't just random nose bleed seats.
    I'd hate to draw the line there and think all Ravens fans are white trash people with missing teeth.

I was also in Philly in 2011 when Vince Yong played for a hurt Vick, Pats trashed the Eagles big time, yes- plenty of assholes in the nose bleed sections but plenty of people watched the game with their families and weren't idiots. Ugly stadium, wasn't impressed at all.

I've been to Ketchup field twice in the last 5-6 years, Pats won both games convincingly, for one of them there were maybe 50 people left behind on the 50 yard line behind the Pats bench, none Steelers fans. People saying shit left and right, no issues other than words though.

My point is- visiting football crowds always rub you off the wrong way, I've seen it at Gillette a million times. I usually go with my wife and some of the extended family, none of us are there to get in people's faces and start throwing down.

There are only 4 current NFL stadiums that I haven't been to, Oakland is one of them and it's by choice.

19. StaccatoFan

I was at that game after Smith lost his brother, too.

Arizona's fans impressed me after this year's playoff game. I was up in the nosebleeds there and Packers and Cards fans were all enjoying the game.
    Afterwards, they were hugging and shaking hands with Packers fans as they left.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Interesting, thanks for the info. It's one of those things you keep hearing about for decades and just become used to not really knowing how it works. :D