1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What the hell is up with used truck prices?

Discussion in 'General' started by Scotty87, May 8, 2021.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Well, with a GAWR of 9350lbs in the rear, I’d guess I can haul north of 6000 lbs in the bed of mine. :moon:

2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Not surprising that a thread started about microchips turned in to a comparison of micro penises.

3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

You said it better than I could!

4. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

your gvwr would likely disagree.

5. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Half of that handling problem is the P rated tires that they install to give a compliant ride. Throw some E rated LT tires with sidewall and most of that goes away.
    I have Goodyear Duratracs on the Tundra. E Load rated.

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

How you're not buried in pussy from morning till midnight is beyond me.

7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Yeah, but we all know that number is meaningless. :D

Knotcher likes this.
  8. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Who says I’m not? ;)

9. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

[​IMG]

10. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Bring it. It's on! :D

pickled egg likes this.
  11. The.Johnner

The.Johnner Active Member

This is what the ladies are into nowadays:
    _20210511_230522.JPG

12. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

There's just some much win here. Where do we start? :Poke:

13. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

Been hearing a lot about the price of use trucks... So I decided to see what mine would be worth.

In '19 Picked up a nice '15 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins. Crew Cab, Long Bed, Tradesman (like the bare bones one) I paid $30K out the door for it. I let the bank own a little bit because interest rates were silly low and my cash makes more in my brokerage account than what I would pay in interest.. Truck is about to hit 120K, and KBB says I should be able to get $36,500 for private sale, and $32,000 on trade in. I think I might have $7000 on the note.

That is absolutely bonkers...

I'm kind of considering wiping my hands of it, buying a cheap ass van to haul the bikes, waiting for shit to cool back down for 2-3 years and just rebuying essentially the same truck for way less..

buuuuut I also just converted to Bluetooth emissions, put a 200hp tune in, had the trans tuned, and I actually love driving this school bus now. Gets 20mpg in the city, 26 on the highway.. makes cool ass noises, and will pull my whole city block off the map if I want lol..

14. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I have an 08 F350, crew cab, long bed, dually and it rides horrible on the freeway out here where we have the expansion joints every xx number of feet. On the asphalt freeways it runs fine.

Also the turning radius on that thing is horrible. My much longer tow truck turns much tighter.

15. Knotcher

F350 drw make no sense to me. Get the 450 with the wide front axle and get a reasonable turning radius and additional capacity.

sdg likes this.
  16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

My wife turned in her lease car Monday and the other vehicle she had was my 2018 Silverado 1500 with less than 5000 miles on it.
    The salesmen were going nuts trying to get her to trade it in.

17. sdg

sdg *

front wheels will turn a full 45 degrees according to the display...

18. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Insurance will go up with the 450 and talk about shit ride with 19.5's. They do turn much better though.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, the more I think about it if we ever went for a 5th wheel and got rid of the RV I'd have to seriously consider the 450, the difference between our F350 and the baby Freightliner in turning/parking was huge and way better with the Freightliner.

20. Knotcher

It’s definitely a compromise between a truck and a purpose built tow pig.