1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What the hell is up with used truck prices?

Discussion in 'General' started by Scotty87, May 8, 2021.

1. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Posted a video in the YouTube thread showing all the brand new Fords sitting at Kentucky speedway waiting on chips.

2. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Try a dodge. I know, I know, there’s other issues. But I drove all of the 2500s and the Dodge had the best ride quality, by far. It wasn’t even close.

cav115 likes this.
  3. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

20210414_191705.jpg All you guys saying you need a 3/4ton to tow your bikes. And I do this with a 1/2ton, driving 6hrs north a couple times a year. First year with the open trailer. Usually a 23ft enclosed with 2 SxS inside

Phl218 likes this.
  4. Scotty87

Not saying you can’t, obviously. But there are better ways to go about it.

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

Attached Files:

6. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

How times change. The Chevys used to be the trucks with the Cadillac ride and the Dodges rode like lumber wagons. I am just glad I am not in the market for a truck during these fucked up times.

7. Scotty87

Indeed. It blows my mind too. Dodge has coils on the rear, not sure if the others are on leafs. Just my personal experience.

8. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

stock ride in all of them is awful, no doubt. If you drive one with a Pure or Carli system though it changes everything. Even with basic Bilstein 5100s. Also Rams have crazy stiff torsion sway bars that make it even worse.

9. Knotcher

Coil rear spring ram 2500s in crew or mega laramie trims have almost 0 payload.

Phl218 likes this.
  10. Scotty87

guess I should have mentioned that, I do have 5100s on mine. But it’s honestly not that bad.

Maybe you guys should harden the fuck up? :D

MachineR1 likes this.
  11. Knotcher

Hahaha for sure. But I have the King 3.0 shocks coming for the Ram so that isn’t happening. Gotta be ready for the speed bumps at the grocery store and that cattle guard at the riding area.

12. zertrider

Why? Explain please.

13. bigtime

bigtime Well-Known Member

sweet shop

zertrider likes this.
  14. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Hey thats my line.

And yes if think a new 1500 truck ride is harsh...maybe switch tampon brands and see if that helps. My '17 Silverado rides like a dream compared to a 1973 K10 pickup of the same size.

DWhyte91 likes this.
  15. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

Because, driving a 1/2t at 80-90% capacity (or overloaded) compared to driving a diesel 3/4t that’s at 40-50% capacity is a hell of a lot nicer. Been there, done that with both. I’m currently in a 1/2t because I don’t tow often.

Greenhound386 likes this.
  16. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Don't know how you're getting away with that. My Ford F-150 5.4L V8 wouldn't even pull that empty trailer up a hill.

17. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Kg's tow different than lbs.

vfrket, Phl218 and rice r0cket like this.
  18. Evad101

Evad101 Well-Known Member

Does this count as a proper use for my GMC 3500HD? :cool:

Just a tick below my towing capacity of 13k LBS. (6.0L Vortec Motor) @ 12,xxxlbs. It got the job done!

All this used pricing talk has got me thinking about selling this thing and waiting for prices to come down to get another one. I have only driven it 17k miles in the 3 years since I have owned it and I think I could sell it for what I paid for it right now.

Hmm....

Attached Files:

19. zertrider

This isn't even 70%. And for the 2000miles a year that I may tow like this the Tundra handles it no problem

418 likes this.
  20. zertrider

The problem there is Ford. And the 5.4 is a turd