1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what happened between............

Discussion in 'General' started by skip salenius, Feb 13, 2012.

1. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Sure, from the ankles on down...:p

2. skip salenius

skip salenius Well-Known Member

that's the only place he's quick any more! :wow: a quick tongue, maybe. :moon:

3. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

That wasn't "during contact" though, which was my point. The yellow flags provide enough evidence (for me, at least.. obviously not Boost) to give reasonable doubt to Joey-specifically-planned-to-fuck-up-Benny's-race-somehow.

I'm older and wiser than the kids in this video, but probably unlike many in this thread I'm still young enough to think when I'm racing on the track "I'm here to win, goddammit" instead of "I have to go to work on Monday and provide for a family, goddammit".

The "benefit of the doubt" theory in my head is that Joey thought he couldn't pass Benny on the straight, so let him go by, then put an especially-hard pass on him in T2 that ended up probably making more contact than he intended, but not enough contact (ie actually crashing Benny out) that he felt remorseful about it. It is extremely easy for me to believe that a hot-headed 18-year-old pumped up on adrenaline would follow exactly that thought process. I don't think it's an OK thought process. But I don't think it's worthy of a punch in the face, or a license revocation, either, and I think those who are jumping to the worst conclusions possible without being personally involved, are throwing the proverbial first stone.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  4. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

It my many years of bouncing it has always been the little guys that were the biggest pain to deal with.

They all go out but it seems the little ones are the ones that desire the most pain when they get there. :D

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Is that where they stick a frozen thumb up your ass and see if the air condenses when you cough.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  6. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

failure of the poster to hit the spacebar?

7. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

:crackup:

Ok, "This one time....."

Quit fucking up my story Rob!

8. kangasj

kangasj Banned

and they get drunk quicker...which, in their mind, makes them large....:D

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

John, we bring the pain. You go through life smelling people's asses and not get mean! :D

10. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

There's no way in hell you'll convince me that the contact wasn't intentional. He slowed up and set himself up to be able to make the contact. Yellow flag or not, he made sure he could do. The explanation his camp is providing in response to the moronic facebook post is total bullshit too. The contact was intentional and he made that clear with the statement on facebook. With his obvious skill that type of contact in the context is not incidental.

Where I give him the benefit of doubt and why I changed my mind about pulling his license is I don't think he was intending to put Benny off the track. I think he was sending a message but he did it the wrong way and at the wrong location.

And if Benny was making crazy ass passes he would get the same penalty that I would give Joey. From the sounds of it he made need some calibration too.

11. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

:D

12. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

:D

13. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

It also doesn't hurt to be the target of every big sized muthafacka who's got a point to prove. Well, I take that back, it actually does hurt...then you harden up and fight.

14. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

tophyr is gonna ride this plane down in flames:)

15. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

I didn't say I thought no contact was intended. I just said I think there was more contact than intended. I didn't say I thought the contact was OK. I just said I don't think it's worthy of a fight or license revocation.

The only point I am trying to make, is don't be so quick to judge. Guh, I feel like I'm arguing on the internet.

oh, wait...

16. Robby-Bobby

if i see a motherfucker shoot another motherfucker, then ill quickly judge the first motherfucker for shooting the second motherfucker!

how motherfucking difficult is that for you to understand motherfucker?

17. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

I know exactly what you're talknig about. I've thought the same thing in the past. :D

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Skip, did you steal shorty's sign in?

19. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

what? rob's a much badder mofo than skipper-a-rooni! i bet he talks to his ma like that. :beer:

20. Robby-Bobby

from what i hear, i would tower above you:)