1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What a :45.3 lap around Chuckwalla lookslimw

Discussion in 'General' started by Ducman851, Feb 2, 2023.

1. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

2. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing, cool video that is even cooler because it wasn’t ruined by some ghey arse music blaring in the background :beer:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
    Ducman851, MELK-MAN, DmanSlam and 2 others like this.
  3. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Just gay arse traction control.

4. R1Racer99

Nice lap though, he would obviously be fast as shit without TC, I just hate it.

5. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Ugh, that left-hander he crashed in is notorious.

6. Ducman851

T12. Yep

7. Ducman851

Welcome to the modern world where riders use the tools available to them. BTW, we use very little TC on the bike.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  8. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

Schools IN. Thanks for the lesson! We'll be there all this weekend:beer:

Ducman851 likes this.
  9. R1Racer99

No offense intended, I’m just old and crotchety. Dude is obviously fast as hell.

10. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

I had a fast lowside in morning practice at Grattan last year that felt JUST like that... One of the 600cc guy dumped a bunch of oil into T1. They red flagged the session and put down oil dry/concrete dust/whatever Grattan has in a bucket lying around.. I didn't know what happened because I was in my rv eating breakfast still.

Went out for the 1000cc practice, didn't see the oil dry in T1 as I went to the outside to let a faster guy go first, no debris/surface flag being waved, nothing. Then coming into T1 on the first flyer, the guy I was chasing went wide because he came in too hot. I went right to the line and right over the oil dry... It was the longest front end slide I've ever had lol. I held onto the bars trying to jam the wheel back into the pavement the whole time.. all the way into the gravel. Ruined my god damn Kevin Schwantz boots.. Anyway, it was really weird just having the time slowed enough to be literally trying things to save it while you're hurdling towards doom. lol Bike was relatively fine and I angry rode to a PB the 2nd practice session and went even faster the rest of the day. lol

Only time I've ever been mad at a corner marshal. His response was "I had the flag out the whole last session"

11. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

This.. Motorcycles are cool, but I like anything that can reduce the consequences for getting it wrong. I'm not very good, and I have to go to work on Monday. I don't have time for a trip to orbit.

12. MV Rider

MV Rider Well-Known Member

Great riding, very smooth and fast.

elevenn7 likes this.
  13. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

i don't hear any TC in that video. where are you hearing it?

Ducman851 and noles19 like this.
  14. R1Racer99

I’m probably wrong, I thought it sounded like it was cutting out on exit but it’s probably just what the motor sounds like.

15. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

That sounds like an I4 screaming for its life, bless its lil heart:clap:

Ducman851 likes this.
  16. Ducman851

It’s the mic on our GoPro. It’s also had a MX tumble or 6 lol

R1Racer99 likes this.
  17. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Looks like you had a stroke at the end of the Subject line, but great riding! That's definitely hauling the mail at CVR.

18. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I thought maybe I was just going deaf because I didn't hear it either

19. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Fast track. What's the lowest gear corner? 3rd?...

20. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Chuckwalla is not a fast track,lot of turns with rather short straights.