1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA@Nola in december?

Discussion in 'Announcements/Information' started by Dg3087, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Dg3087

Dg3087 Member

Me and a few others have received an email(from nola) saying WERA at Nola in december. They have a Facebook event page up as well. In the comments on the fb page people are saying there won't be a race in December. But I don't see anything here about it. Can someone confirm for me if there will or won't be a race at Nola in December? Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Dg3087

Dg3087 Member

Nevermind they've deleted the event... seconds after my post. I had a feeling but we wanted to make sure. Thanks

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We haven't been in touch with them (GNF and all) so not sure what's up with promoting it - we did have a tentative date scheduled but can't see doing a race then. Still need to talk to them - could see it possibly as round one of 2017 for the mid central but they'd have to really work with us to make sure we wouldn't just piss away a lot of money if the weather tanks.

Dg3087 likes this.
  4. Dg3087

Dg3087 Member

Okay sounds good. Hopefully it works out and we can have the race. I'm sure the advertising was an oversight since they took it down today. Anyway I just wanted to hear it directly from y'all. Thanks for the response

TLR67 likes this.
  5. Tonyp425

Tonyp425 Well-Known Member

Lots of bikes being built or freshening up during that time Bad call inmy opinion

Gorilla George likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Don't disagree on that score.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So the final word is - we will be there sort of :D

We're running an Endurance with STT on the December 3-4 weekend.

r6boater likes this.
  8. I will actually be home then, and I have never been to NOLA...would be a great way to learn the track.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well drive your happy ass down there.

10. Gonzo523

Gonzo523 Active Member

Do eet! Fun track and good food! I think Mongo is taking us to dinner Saturday night if I'm not mistaken.

Trying to round up a few of the CMRA folks to head that way! Team MocoLotion will be there!

Dg3087 likes this.
  11. Dg3087

Dg3087 Member

Did someone say free food?!?

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm not buying everyone dinner - I can barely afford to feed me :D

Dg3087 likes this.
  13. Ben Gooding

Ben Gooding Well-Known Member

Caution ,Gonzo can eat his weight in food! Cost for the ULWE race? Since it's 2 hrs, versus the 3 hr hour Big Bike Endurance race! 3 hr BBE would work out to $100/hr! Since the ULWE race is 2 hrs, $200 perhaps?
    8 hrs drive for 2 guys to split 2 hrs...that's a lot of driving! Is there a rule in place that prevents one rider from doing the 2 hrs him/herself....just do a refill of fuel and take back off?

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No clue. Pricing is all stuff for STT.

Nothing against one rider doing the entire thing, our rider limit is 2 hours. Normal pit rules would apply so you need some help there.