1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA New Racer Incentive Program

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by Mongo, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Thanks for everything Mongo. Hopefully I will see you there!

2. True598

True598 Member

Hey, I sponsored my buddy who has never raced before and got a voucher in the mail for only $50. It's still $75 right?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No clue how much it is (that's Evelynes department :D) email me and I'll double check. She's been sick so it could have been just a goof on her part trying to catch up.

4. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Looks like its $50 now per the letter sent out.....

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

She may have changed it, she may have just forgotten it was $75 - dunno. Like I said, email me and I'll check on it (I'd ask now but it's middle of the day Saturday and we're at home watching a movie).

6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

$50, $75, it could be zero and I would still be pushing and steering people your way.... My Bartender that raced at Talladega and got his PN license told me it was the best 4 days he ever had... That's what it's all about...

Boman Forklift likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sweet!

8. yammerhammer72

yammerhammer72 New Member

Hey Mongo i just went to roebling this past weekend and just seen this thread, i paid 155 for the riders school and the liscence, so do i get a credit or anything? and i also didnt know about the sponsor stuff either but jonathan farmer is the one who referred me. will he get his credit?

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

155 is the discounted amount for the riders school and license - used to be 225 (75 and 80 versus 125 and 100) :D

We can get Jonathan a credit - email me the info at [email protected] and I'll pass it on to the boss.

10. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Is this discount program still in effect?

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's a little more but still discounted - school is $80 and license is $80 if you've never had a WERA license.

12. fastedyamaha

So if I've raced in other organizations and never had a wera license, do I check the novice box or provisional novice box? Local organization is now defunct with all of the issues at Nelson's but Graver can vouch for my experience.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

PN/NV has nothing to do with racing with us or not - what was your last license? Either way you wouldn't be a PN unless you just took a school and have never raced at all.

14. fastedyamaha

2015, the last year we had racing at Nelson's. I raced for many years with Sam Williams and have multiple vintage championships. Do I need to document anything when I send my membership form in?

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

A copy of your MotoSeries license will work.

16. Nytrozula

Nytrozula Well-Known Member

When and where are the race licenses offered?

17. fastedyamaha

If you check out the main Wera.com site, there's a tab for forms. You can find everything you need there to get a license. Rule book, fees, etc are also at that site.

18. Nytrozula

Does WERA require prospects to attend some type of class first? Are these classes offered at the WERE race events?

19. fastedyamaha

If you need to take a race school, they offer that as part of select race weekends. Again, you'll have to go to wera.com and choose a track that's closest to you and look for an "rs" logo as part of the weekend description. Without knowing where you are located and when you're trying to do this, that's about all I can give you. That page is very user friendly and you can find everything you need there. Come back here with specific questions and people will be happy to help.

20. Nytrozula

The "rs" you mention really helped. I think I will attend the Graatan event in early May. Thank you for your help!