1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA and CMRA Working together

Discussion in 'Announcements/Information' started by Mongo, Jan 31, 2023.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: January 31, 2023

Further Information: WERA (770) 720-5010 CMRA (817) 570-9779

WERA AND CMRA PARTNER FOR THEIR RIDERS!

For 2023 the CMRA and WERA will partner and offer any CMRA Licensed rider the opportunity to accumulate points in like classes by purchasing a dual CMRA/WERA License for $50.00 for the season and will qualify the riders to race in those classes at the WERA Grand National Finals via their points scored in those classes. CMRA and WERA have a long history of working together and this is just one step toward making it easier for a CMRA rider to qualify for the GNF and give them the opportunity to travel and race at some tracks not on the CMRA Schedule for the 2023 Season.

The eligible classes for dual points are:

Formula 1 & 2 Expert and Novice

A, B and C Superbike and Superstock Expert and Novice

Heavyweight Twins Superbike (CMRA Heavyweight Twins) Expert and Novice

Lightweight Twins Superbike (CMRA Lightweight Twins) Expert and Novice

E Superstock (CMRA 500 Superstock) Expert and Novice

F Superstock (CMRA 300 Superstock) Expert and Novice

Heavyweight Senior Superbike (CMRA Formula 40 Heavyweight) Expert and Novice

Middleweight Senior Superbike (CMRA Formula 40 Middleweight) Expert and Novice

Formula Mini (CMRA Formula 4)

Grom Cup (CMRA Grom Challenge)

“I am excited that CMRA and WERA are entering into this partnership to make it easier for our riders to compete in two racing organizations. WERA and CMRA have worked together in the past and it has always been good for our sport’” said WERA CEO Evelyne Clarke.

“WERA and CMRA have a long history of working together to further the sport of motorcycle Roadracing. This partnership is the next chapter in that long history. We are very much looking forward to working with Evelyne and Sean and all of the WERA competitors again.” Said CMRA Director of Competition, Walter Walker.

WERA Motorcycle Roadracing was founded in 1973 and remains the foremost place to develop talent in the sport of motorcycle Roadracing. The legacy of Pro riders on a National and World level is legendary. All events are run by WERA Motorcycle Roadracing and are co-sanctioned by the AMA. Racing is offered for entry level to Expert level in the WERA Sportsman Series as well as a Pro-Am Series with the Pirelli/WERA National Challenge Series featuring the Michelin Superbike Class and there is a WERA Vintage Racing. The National Endurance Series with our Track Day partners N2 presented by Dunlop is the best seat time and experience out there with both Ultralightweight Endurance and Big Bike Endurance. WERA Motorcycle Roadracing was voted the 2017 AMA Track Organizer of the Year. There is something for everyone with WERA Motorcycle Roadracing!

For further information contact WERA Motorcycle Roadracing or check the web site at www.wera.com.

WERA Motorcycle Roadracing, Inc Central Motorcycle Roadracing Assoc.

2055 Marietta Hwy. #104 CMRA

Canton, GA 30114 5900 Franklin Ave. #36

(770)720-5010 FAX 5015 Waco, TX 76705

www.wera.com (817) 570-9779

cmraracing.com

TX Joose, Rance Taylor and E Reed like this.
  2. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Just saw this on RRW. Love it!

We all know the take is hard enough in your world and this is just another step taken by like minded people working together for the greater goal.

Good job!

3. RichDesmond

RichDesmond Well-Known Member

Cool to see. The CMRA was a WERA affiliate when I started racing with them in 1998.

Now just resurrect RPM and schedule some dates at TMS. :Poke:

:)

VFR#52 likes this.
  4. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Along with this John from South Central Race Center has sold his business to Chris Hamlett

[​IMG]

VFR#52 likes this.
  5. Rance Taylor

Rance Taylor Well-Known Member

So my question is. If I race CMRA and I decide to race WERA/Barber in July, will those points crossover allowing me to better my starting grid position? Or does it only allow me to run the GNF?

6. Rance Taylor

TMS is a goner unfortunately!! But lets get a CMRA/WERA COTA race on the schedule for 2024!!!!

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Still working out details for things like that. I'll talk to the boss but my current thought is since we'll basically have a CMRA region, if July Barber doesn't go against a CMRA race, possibly make that event a crossover to that region - so it would pay points in it in the classes we're combining and would then also do grids off of the Southeast, Mid Central, and CMRA regional points positions.

Also anyone currently with both licenses is already set.

Rance Taylor likes this.
  8. Rance Taylor

Perfect. That date does not conflict with a CMRA race. Thats why I plan to be there. Although I would likely be there either way:flag:

9. RichDesmond

I think you mean TWS, that's gone. Back in 2001 there was a another race org in Texas, RPM, that affiliated with WERA. They had a race weekend at TMS, the NASCAR track north of Ft. Worth. To my knowledge, the only motorcycle racing that ever happened there. Ask Sean about what an "interesting" weekend that was. :)

VFR#52 likes this.
  10. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Wasnt that the track Sean was ask to go outside the property? That track didnt like us Bike guys but was interesting to race around on at that time.
    RPM was some great times and a hugh change of pace with some good people trying to make racing enjoyable again.
    Still have my founding member shirt hanging in closet.
    Now if Cmra just had the vintage classes so we could get points towards the GNF.
    Good hearing from you Rich. Hope you are doing well these days.

Steven

11. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

TWS aka Texas World Speedway near College Station, great area, crappy racetrack.

12. Rance Taylor

Yes Texas World Speedway in College Station.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  13. RichDesmond

Yeah, they double booked the track with some Corvette event, and had tour buses running around the track at lunch. Crazy stuff, and Sean and Evelyn were NOT happy. :)

Things are good, hope they are with you as well. :)

VFR#52 likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: I damn near got permanently banned and/or arrested for that one...

VFR#52 and RichDesmond like this.
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I love having a contract listing what parts of the track we can use - right up until we're actually there using them and they kick us out of those parts. Lord what a mess.

VFR#52 likes this.
  16. Rance Taylor

Rumor is Pirelli dropped contingency money for 2023? At least for CMRA.

17. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Well more accurately I canceled Pirelli contingency and lowered tire prices back around 2009. Since then some vendors like SCRC have offered performance based incentives for their customers. But since John sold the business I'm not sure what the new owners plan is.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2023
    Rance Taylor likes this.
  18. Rance Taylor

Fair enough! Thx for the input

19. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

If the event promised to be less than 100 degrees during the day, and more than 45, at night, a substantial number of (ahem) 'mature' gentleman racers would 'tow/show' for that one.

20. Rance Taylor

Any update?