1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warmup lap crash at RRR

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by jschuster2, Mar 21, 2015.

1. jschuster2

jschuster2 Well-Known Member

I was riding the 250 that crashed during the warmup lap last Sat. I want to thank everyone who helped me. First of all the corner workers, the unsung heroes IMHO. They are out there rain or shine, cold or hot just to keep us racers safe. They deserve more but for now I say THANK YOU!
    The EMTs also were very helpful of course. The lady EMT in the ambulance with me was the first person I remember talking to after I came to. I didn't get her name but I remember how kind she was, helping me figure out where I was and all. THANK YOU
    Mark, the Chaplain, came to see me in the ER. What a nice man! He brought my phone so I could get in touch with my friends back at RRR. He also just talked with me, kept me company, you know. He brought my cracked up helmet which made me realize I was very lucky. THANK YOU MARK!
    The doctor and nurses in the ER were all great. They had a very busy day with the big St. Patrick's Day partiers. THANK YOU
    Tuna and the rest of the AFJ crew were awesome. I had just met them all and they were there to get me from the ER back to RRR, then Sunday they packed up my bike and gear and got me back home. And they made me feel part of the gang. THANK YOU
    I am healing, waiting to be cleared for surgery on the collarbone. Due to the head trauma they have to be certain of some medical stuff before they sedate me.?:confused:
    I had a good weekend overall and hope to see you all again soon.:)

Thanks
    Jeff :up:

2. FZ1guy

FZ1guy Hey...watch this

Man, if that was a good weekend overall I'd hate to see a rotten weekend!
    Glad you are ok.

3. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

Glad you are alright!!! I was up there with the corner workers in 6 and we were a bit worried at first. But it looks like you were in good hands with the EMT staff. I agree the corner workers and the EMT staff were doing an awesome job this last weekend (as they always do). And I always saw Mark checking to make sure everything was okay any time there was any issues.

Ya but at the same time if that was a good weekend he must have some really AWESOME weekends too!!! :)

4. jschuster2

5. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Tuna SUX!!!

Glad your'e relatively ok

6. MGarrett50

MGarrett50 Ready. Set. Go.

Thanks for the update, Jeff. Glad to know you're doing okay and in good spirits. Heal up quick so you can join us again soon. :beer:

(the other) Mark

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  7. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

The AFJ guys have never ceased to impress me with their character at the track. I know a couple quite well, but most are just guys who have helped me out without me asking.

Glad you're on the mend. Any info from other riders on how you rung your bell? I'm always curious how helmets perform, and under what circumstances riders lose consciousness.

8. jschuster2

A couple other riders asked me what happened. What I remember is that on the warm up lap for the ESS race on Sat. between turns 5 and 6 I was passed on the left by I don't know who (my first WERA race). And I'm not trying to start shit here but their rear tire took out my front tire. I think I hit left shoulder first, the back left part of my helmet, and then the right hand got injured somewhere after that. Don't remember the impact at all. If any other riders saw it, please chime in. Woke up in the ambulance on the way to the ER. The back left of my helmet, the outer shell is cracked thru. It performed well IMHO. Bell RS1. I know the risks involved and don't blame anyone. I will heal up and try again. Its an addiction, you know? :)