1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VW Atlas, good or bad?

Discussion in 'General' started by njracer, Feb 7, 2023.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

no, other than them being to small for our needs and the wife thinking they look like basketball boots.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Man, I don’t know if I’d go that way. The 5 is not all that roomy and it drives very stiff because of the length. Sam loves our Q5 and said the next car we get to replace it will be another Q5. Me? I tolerate it.

drove an atlas as a loaner and it was good for size and hauling the crap I do but I didn’t drive it enough to get a real opinion on it. Lots of stupid shit that I didn’t have time to disable and it wasn’t even an optioned one. The pleather was stiff and German and hated that.

3. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

If it pleases the court, I submit a vote of resolution:

The BBS has determined that owning an Atlas is like kicking John Wick’s puppy.

All in favor?

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

5. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

Would never even consider the Atlas. Looking at it from exterior running gear only told me all I needed to know.

I'm on my second Touareg, first one was an 08 FSI V8 gas motor - shit mileage, but everything else was just beyond satisfying about it 140+mph from a fat looking 2.5 ton vehicle and tow like a champ. In a 2014 TDi now and still loving the platform. I think the T2 was overall a better chassis, but appreciate the differences in the T3, especially mileage. Wonder what I will do when this one is ready to be done.

Phl218 likes this.
  6. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Well, the wife over ruled the bbs and this is now in the driveway.

It's a 2018 with 28k and a lifetime power train warranty.

So far it drives quite nice and the power is not as bad as I thought it would be.

Fingers crossed! FB_IMG_1676162531969.jpg

BigBird likes this.
  7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Ignore the beeb at your own peril.

evakat, rd400racer and YamahaRick like this.
  8. njracer

The wife is happy. If the thing ends up being a pos, I get to say "I told you so". However, since it also has a bumper to bumper warranty for the next 5yrs and 60k miles, I think I'll be ok.

BigBird likes this.
  9. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

If she’s not happy, you’re not allowed to be happy. Mine was blue, too.

Gino230 and BigBird like this.
  10. njracer

It's really a nice car to drive and there is tons of room. Even with the front passenger seat as far back as it goes, my almost 6ft tall 15yr old has tons of leg room.

Gino230 and BigBird like this.