1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIR track changes

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Jan 6, 2022.

1. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

That explains a lot

2. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

They don't. My post is not about distance of VIR wall, rather general about cars and walls.
    I prefer no walls at all :)

TurboBlew and BigBird like this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Exactly!

FWIW I totally get the parallel walls being closer cutting down on chanced of a perpendicular impact at high speed.

4. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Putting a wall really far away or not having a wall also cuts down the chance of a perpendicular impact o_O. Creating the problem by adding a wall and then rationalizing it needs to be closer to cut down on perpendicular impacts is a weird progression of decisions.

BigBird likes this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Huh? Two separate conversations on our end.

6. jeff johnson 32

jeff johnson 32 Well-Known Member

VIR and Jersey no longer have any management or employees in common. Just like VIR and Pittsburgh.

BigBird likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Interesting.

8. noles19

Someone at vir must have bought stock in Armco because they sure are buying a lot of it they are adding more now.

BigBird likes this.
  9. BigBird

BigBird blah

i thought I did read after NJMP declared bankruptcy the VIR group stepped away from NJMP

10. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

VIR just posted armco additions and changes to T14.

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

So I guess they are going the way of the Ozark track. Miles and miles of Armco, when they had all these extra run off room already

Triple X likes this.
  12. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I had a Nissan Quest hit the wall right at my station (Start/Finish) at Loudon during Lemons. They spent Saturday night swapping in a new sub frame for the suspension. While they were at it, when they were done, the only bodywork left above the belt line were the A pillars and windshield.

Gino230 likes this.
  13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Might be a surprise to folks this coming weekend.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Shouldn't be but I bet you're right.

15. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Not much of it bothers me except for turn 3. You are pointed at the new barrier on corner entry leaned over and on full throttle and then have to scrub speed and brake on the side of the tire. It bothered me on the track walk and I don’t like it on the sighting lap. They put a lot of air fence there so that’s good, but the runoff is a bit tight there now.

If I was on a faster bike, other sections might bother me, but turn 3 is not moving in a safer direction for riders IMO.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

17. noles19

18. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

First of all, I'm not retired. Second, you're a jerk. :moon:

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Damn, late much? :D

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: I'm sitting at Roebling, may have to go apologize to that tree later :D