1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Race Schedule for 2016

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by videojack, Jan 18, 2016.

1. videojack

videojack Racing for Therapy

Mongo, Thanks for adding all the Vs to the race schedule for 2016.

As vintage has always been included for the first race of the year at Tally in February, I was hoping the same would be true this year. For that matter, don't suppose we could add a V to each of these races, could we?

2/21-22 Talladega Gran Prix Raceway, Talladega, AL-DH,rs,

3/18-20 Roebling Road Raceway, Faulkville, GA-N,rs,

4/23-24 Talladega Gran Prix Raceway, Talladega, AL-N,rs,

Thanks
    Jack

2. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

I would race that Friday , I know Saturday is modern.... Have some friends taking RS.....

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Was a DH last year, if I remember no one came out to play the yea r before. I'll talk it over with the boss but doubt any change for Feb.

4. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

I think that would be a mistake, goes against the less events equals more racers. Here's why, they would all be FV's meaning some would have to take off Thursday just to get there. Resulting in a low rider turnout, and money lost by WERA. Concentrate on making as many Saturday rounds as possible instead, particularly the cash payout round at Barber. If you have the means to make those three rounds you propose, along with only a few riders, just come to Grattan instead. I know it means waiting before you can get a first round in, the reward would be a larger grid hopefully.

I would like to thank Sean and Evelyn for spreading the Saturday V's out. Hopefully they will be well attended as a result. Its up to us as racers to show up and make them(Saturday V's) a success. Those that can make the FV's still can, I intend to concentrate on the Saturday rounds. See you at Grattan.

5. Duck150

I think the first race at Tallie could be fun for vintage on Friday , not all Friday's .... That would sux for races to be on Friday.

6. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Even tho Jack and Doug are "Staples" on the grid shall we say, and hardly miss any WERA events, I have to agree with Rich. MORE races where you guys are (more or less) the only ones that show doesn't seem to be working out.

Wasn't last years Tally the SAME day as AHRMA Roebling or something like that? I recall a conflict of some sort affecting things in a recent year.

I know, I know, go ahead boys, flame away.....I haven't made a race in a few years, and that aint gonna change soon, but WTH.

7. Duck150

I just like February race to check out bikes.... I will not take Friday off to race , unless it's next to my house.... Like RA..... Or in February when I'm not coaching.......

8. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

February is for hibernating.

JBall likes this.
  9. Duck150

Or chopping wood......

10. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

So Is 1st Race at tally 2-21-22 a Vintage race for V6 HVW up race? Need to make plans.
    Thanks

Steven Isenhower #52

11. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

That 'other' org is at RRR the end of Feb. I'll be there. They run Sat & Sun, same program.
    Making Vintage race day on Friday will be it's own self-fulfilling downward spiral prophecy:
    Most racers can't take off Fri & Th from work, so very light turn out, so no more Vintage races on Fri in short order because no one shows up.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep. Actually it's 2/20-21 had a typo on the schedule, should be fixed now.

13. videojack

videojack Racing for Therapy

And I'd like to thank all involved with the schedule such that there are no race conflicting dates up north while we are racing down south. Hopefully we can get a few "Yankee runs" up north to play on the other tracks.

ringdingding likes this.
  14. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

VIR on 8/6-7 says vintage for North Central but Double Header for Atlantic Coastal Region. It also is shown as a National. Is the vintage correct for Saturday?

Thanks

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Working the details out...

16. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Thanks. I guess we do have a while before August...

17. nhammond54

nhammond54 Hammond Brothers Racing

Steven Isenhower #52[/QUOTE]
    Come on over!! Should be fun!! If the weather cooperates! Need a couple more and we will be in the money.

18. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

I will be there. just needed to make sure. see you then.

Steven Isenhower #52

19. nhammond54

Well that will make at least 4 in the class, don't know if Mitchell is going to race with us this year or not. Have you heard from him at all? If anybody else has a V7 bike laying around, bust it out!! Need to fill the grids this year. Here is to a fun and safe year for all!

20. nhammond54

What happened?