1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Cash Prizes - Mid-Ohio July 8, 2017 - Start Money

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Can-am, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Can-am

Can-am Well-Known Member

To celebrate the end of the AMA Vintage Days – AHRMA scheduling conflict a new feature will be added to the 2017 Vintage Days road race activities:

Races will be run using WERA’s class structure and the results will be computed in the regional and national vintage championships run by WERA. Cash prizes will be paid based on the handicap system used at Barber this past July.

On Saturday, July 8, 2017 cash prizes will be awarded for the:

“F500, V1, 350GP” (with 500GP and V2 allowed to participate per “bump up” rules)

“V3, V5” (F 2 stroke, V4 and F500 allowed to participate per “bump up” rules)

Start money for up to 5 competitors per race will be available

Plan on being at Mid-Ohio for Vintage Motorcycle Days July 7 – 9, 2017

Details to follow.

2. Can-am

Can-am Well-Known Member

Report on the Barber event:

Attached Files:

3. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Way to go Ron Raven!

I'm sure the WERA Vintage guys will be happy to have their normal rules format, points, start money and finish money available!.....I'd bet with the lack of conflict with dates the grids should be great.

Bravo my friend, bravo.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's going to be an absolute blast of an event.

5. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Vintage Days only using the WERA class structure now?

6. bj

bj Well-Known Member

When does registration open? :clap:

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes, talked to a bunch of people about it and it seemed like our rules that you guys put together are really inclusive so they work and instead of having a one off event with totally different names than anything else it seemed best to just go with our names that everyone even non WERA racers understand. It will have the normal VMD rules for other stuff and there will be additional classes as well for the smaller bikes and sidecars.

Much earlier than a normal event but I have to work on the schedule first :D

8. Can-am

Can-am Well-Known Member

We can accommodate a few additional sponsors to increase the prizes. PM me if you are interested.

9. FED34FIRE

FED34FIRE Well-Known Member

What do you mean end of AMA Vintage Days?

10. Can-am

Can-am Well-Known Member

"To celebrate the end of the AMA Vintage Days – AHRMA scheduling conflict . . ." see above at top of page. Thanks for your interest. More details coming in the 2017.

11. Can-am

Can-am Well-Known Member

On Saturday, July 8, 2017 cash prizes will be awarded at AMA Vintage Days for the:

WERA F500, V1, 350 GP vintage race.
    “F500, V1, 350GP” (with 500GP and V2 allowed to participate per “bump up” rules). Prizes to be awarded using handicap rules similar to those used at Barber in July, 2016.
    Prize money now on deposit with WERA for this race:

1st = $150; 2nd = $125; 3rd = $100; 4th = 75; 5th = $50.

"Start Money" prizes for the same race have been deposited with WERA. The first five registered participants who start the race but do not win any of the prize money above will be eligible to receive $50 each. WERA will determine the eligibility based upon time their paid registration was received.

12. Can-am

Can-am Well-Known Member

On Saturday, July 8, 2017 cash prizes will be awarded at AMA Vintage Days for the:

WERA V3, V5 vintage race.
    “V3, V5” (F 2 stroke, V4 and F500 allowed to participate per “bump up” rules) Prizes to be awarded using handicap rules similar to those used at Barber in July, 2016.
    Prize money now on deposit with WERA for this race:

1st = $150; 2nd = $125; 3rd = $100; 4th = 75; 5th = $50.

"Start Money" prizes for the same race have been deposited with WERA. The first five registered participants who start the race but do not win any of the prize money above will be eligible to receive $50 each. WERA will determine the eligibility based upon time their paid registration was received.

13. Can-am

Can-am Well-Known Member

Additional sponsors are welcome. The above prize money and start money has been deposited with WERA for both races. This will provide an incentive for all early WERA vintage classes (350GP to V5) to come to AMA vintage days and participate. Anyone who would like to donate additional money, goods or services for prizes are encouraged to send me a PM for details. This should be a big time.

14. Can-am

Can-am Well-Known Member

Information needed!
    When I put the handicaps together last year for the Barber event, I used 6 prior dry races as a database to determine the time differentials for each class eligible to participate. I have that same database for Roebling, Talladega and Road Atlanta. I do not have it for Mid-Ohio.

WERA classes have not been run there in recent years. I have a formula based on the other 4 tracks as to the relative spread between the classes, but I need a baseline for Mid-Ohio. I need you to provide me with some baseline data.

I need the name, machine and time of anyone who has run Mid-Ohio in recent years under AMA or AHRMA who would likely run at the front of the WERA class. Particularly useful would be anyone who is likely to be at the front of either F500 or V5, but I can build better handicaps with front runners from all classes. Last year at Barber the 5 prize winners came from 3 classes and the overall winning margin between the top 2 was only .36 second. Good data can bring good handicaps, so post who you think should be out front in each class and the time to beat. Thanks, Ron

15. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

Dammit man,thats really cool stuff.I'm definitely coming this year.Don't know if I can work it out to ride,but I will be there supporting this event even if it's just with my gate fee.

16. bj

bj Well-Known Member

I called Mid-O today to reserve a garage. They said all will be first come, first served even if you'd rented previously so don't wait too long. Only 168 days to go!

17. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

I think I will add this to my calendar. Never been but have been watching lots of videos. Bump on the inside of the turn exiting onto the back straight looks like a pita! For sure, I will be running in both races.

18. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

All -

This is important! Info is necessary to come up with meaningful handicaps. I spoke to Ron and gave him al the info I had based on the last two times I was at Mid-Ohio under AMA rules. The F500 & V5 classes I have no info on. Sooooooooo, chime in - even partial info is better than no info. And it doesn't matter if you're not in F50 or V5 - BJ, Bucky, . . . Let Ron know what type bike you were running for your respective lap times (which he has access to). 350GP Hondas or V1/V2 Hondas?

Thanks!

Cheers,

Dave

19. bj

bj Well-Known Member

I ran my 350GP Honda in the Grand Prix 350 class. Best lap time was 1:59.77 to win Saturday and 1:58.12 Sunday to finish 3rd behind Francis's Duc 250 and Stu's 350 (AJS)? Same class in 2014 with a best time of 2:00.99.

20. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Best times I've seen for the 350GP class during the AMA/WERA era at Mid Ohio have been in the range of 1:51.854 - 1:52.398 in 2011 and 2012. All those times were set by Dave Roper, the next best time was almost 2 seconds slower.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017