1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vehicle Battery Maintenance Q

Discussion in 'General' started by YamahaRick, Mar 13, 2023.

1. Daniel06

Daniel06 Well-Known Member

I've been using Walmart batteries off and on since 2004 it seems. My old mustang hasn't been driven since 2005-6 ish and it has an everstart in it. Not saying that battery is still good, but they've been having them produced a while. I went with everstart Max in my Camry that just sat disconnected for 2 months while I was deployed. Started no issues at all. My truck has die hard silver bc Walmart was out of its style battery when I needed one. It started fine after 9-10 weeks of sitting disconnected.

If you disconnect the battery each time you drive, you can put the battery in your house in controlled climate for better service. Unless it's a pain in the dick to remove. My truck takes 2 mins to remove.
    I'd go with the cheaper battery if they're made by Johnson. Like my dad said, they all come from the same places. QA might be tighter on the more well known brand names, but it may not as well.
    Walmart is known for having generic shit made that is actually better than brand name stuff and sells for cheaper.

Here's project farm test on batteries.

2. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

Doesn’t sound like the choice in battery brand is the issue. It’s you and how you use the vehicle. The solution is a battery tender but you’ve tried that. The next option is make a trip to buy a cheapo battery every other time you use the Sploder or you could buy a deep cycle battery. I used to run those when I had stupid big car stereos. They take a charge no matter how low they get but they are a little spendy. It fixed my issues…YMMV.

YamahaRick and BigBird like this.