1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V6 HW through V8 HW Points...

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Mongo, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Good lord have mercy. Just make all the classes the same across the board as far as points and call it good. You are never going to make everyone happy. The smaller the group the louder the bitching I guess.

2. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Well no after reading Facebook nothing has changed.
    Cause I race double headers and 4 best is for V6 LW aka Saturday racers when we don't have double headers.
    So same as always.
    I have work to do.
    Later

Steven Isenhower #52

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, yes, the 2016 rules are the same as always. They were used in 2016 after all.

I did not post nor remotely say I was posting the final decision on 2017 rules.

4. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Tyranny of the minority...kinda like LGwhatever crowd.

(I'll stop there so I don't go into dungeon territory...)

:D

Paige likes this.
  5. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

What is the disadvantage to going to sportsman points for V6-V8? Those who want to chase regional points get a regional championship, the fastest rider at the GNF gets a National Championship, Win-Win.

6. 27stormin

27stormin Well-Known Member

Sportsman!
    Sportsman!
    Sportsman!
    :timeforabeer:

TLR67 likes this.
  7. lanehammond

lanehammond Well-Known Member

Sportsman!!!!!

8. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Let's do it this way guys.
    As in guys who DON'T race but keep putting their thoughts on here
    Why don't you put your bikes on grid this yr and race a full season 1st.
    Then you can give us your thoughts.
    But I don't recall you guys on grid all yr.
    Be only fair don't you think?

Steven Isenhower #52

9. nhammond54

nhammond54 Hammond Brothers Racing

It takes the"series"out of it. It makes it a race 1 during the year to qualify, then show up to battle for a national title at the GNF. I was opposed to it, but the more I think about it, it will save me tons of money!! And it looks like nobody gives validity to running a series of races for a National Championship. So it will be turned into a joke just like the Regional Championship is. I won 8 Regional Championships this year and didn't even race in some of the regions. We had combined regions and I got points in the other region too, so there for I am the champion of that region. Not really, but that is the joke part.

sPatlovich1 and VFR#52 like this.
  10. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Well Norman seems some racers think when you win a regional title with no one racing in it but them it is an accomplishment.
    Hell I had like 8 or 10 from around 2000 and we had 14 bikes in V6 at the time just in Texas. I never even paid attention to them.
    The National title is what I want and show up for.
    And to race the Champion who has title.
    Sportsman points is a waste of time and devalues the title.
    It should never even been brought up when it comes to vintage.
    Us guys who raced these bikes when new seem to come back out to race it out for title and bragging rights.
    Funny how I see all these guys who don't race in our class keep throwing out suggestions.
    I say line up and bring it.
    Stop talking and start racing in V7 or V8
    OR any other vintage class.

Steven Isenhower #52

nhammond54 likes this.
  11. nhammond54

After the times I run at Barber this year...I don't really care anymore. I always struggled at Barber and it just clicked this year and I turned in some of the best times run in V7MW at Barber. So either way I will be leaving the GNF next year with another National Championship one way or the other. So I'm done trying to prove anything to people who don't even race the class or for that matter race at all. The Internet has fostered a new breed of bench racers, and eventually we won't even go to the track we will just get on here and tell other people who don't race either, that we would have beat their ass!! Done....

VFR#52 likes this.
  12. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

In for V8....... No one show to the GNF.... I want a Champeeeeeeenship!

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  13. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Very odd and peculiar group in here, no wonder Mongo beats his head against the wall. Some thoughts as a V8 newbie and still learning the scene.

1. Not everyone agrees on the same way things should be ran, so someone will always be pissy. That someone could be you.
    2. A lot of you saying "Nobody cares about regional, only national". Who exactly is nobody? Or, in fact, is that nobody just you? This kinda ties into #4.
    3. Everyone worried about the grid sizes among the regions. I can't control that, neither can you, neither can Mongo. You roll with whomever lines up on grid.
    4. Nobody outside of the V7/8 and vintage guys really give a fuck about your "national championship" anyways. Maybe to your friends that don't know any better. To whom does it matter? The racers in those classes. So if the mid atlantic region has a shit ton of people in it, and the south east had nobody, it seems that within the community, everyone would really respect the guy that won mid atlantic, no? And the southeast guy would have his participation trophy, but everybody knows (even the participation winner) knows who gets the real respect in the paddock at the end of the day.

TLR67 likes this.
  14. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

Wait a minute. You honestly think the only way to get new people to run a class that has almost no participation, is to ask those few people running it what's wrong with it?

Why does this have to turn into a shit show? Why can't people suggest ideas to try to grow racing in a constructive way? I've raced V7, I enjoyed it and might do it again at some point. I tried to race V3 this year but the stupid bike didn't cooperate. I've raced many different modern bikes in many different classes. I like all racing, I want WERA to do well so I can keep racing with them. This isn't a battle to win an argument.

15. sPatlovich1

sPatlovich1 Well-Known Member

I agree with Hammond. I think sportsman rules is the wrong move. Make it 80 points like the rest of the vintage classes.

nhammond54 likes this.
  16. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Well I did make a suggestion that in theory would open up the points system for people to have a fair shot at GNF title.
    It would make it possible for regions with only 1 person in it showing up at GNF and not be only person with a mathematical chance at title.
    But no one cares.
    You grow vintage by making how you collect points fair for guys who are only 1 on grid and guys who have to race others and Can effectively take points away by trading wins back amd forth.
    Or having a guy who only hits a few races take points from the guys running full yr.
    This yr Burns ran his 1st full season.
    Before he didn't.
    He would hit a few races and call it a yr.
    Well as you see he can win all his races and he raced V7HW last few yrs.
    But this falls on deaf ears.
    As does running V6 HW up behind the novices on race day, yet depending on track we finish in top 5 overall.
    Try getting a F3 passed a bunch of 600 novices in a straight line in a pack.
    But yet if you get buy them you can drop 3 seconds a lap.
    But here we are and guess it's time to just suck it up and get ready for next yr.
    So if the vintage guys won't stick together and agree to make it better so we can add more guys to grid then this class will be low in turn out and it will stall out again.

Steven Isenhower #52

17. lanehammond

lanehammond Well-Known Member

Okay guys mongo has basically gave us two options
    1)leave the points the way they are.
    2) change it to sportsman.
    The accumulative point is a great idea but if it isn't a option which I get the feeling it's not really one which would y'all prefer.

18. nhammond54

Says the guy that has probably never won anything. See people that have never experienced what it takes to win a Championship, gives it no validity. Hence my prior statement that everyone gets on here and runs their Dick sucker about how if they showed up they would win. Some guys tried that before the GNF, and some showed and tried only to fail and other didn't even show. The reason why you don't give a fuck is because you know deep down you couldn't beat me on a good day! Not to say I'm unbeatable. ..but definitely not by you. Not by someone that doesn't respect even the fast guy on a mini. A fast guy in any class should be given the respect of being the best in that class. If you can't beat him, you have no right to discount his accomplishments. 50cc Champions used to be national heros!! I'm sure you would have just told him...who gives a fuck besides your Mom! Lmao....people kill me! Go back to playing your video game so you can win something.

VFR#52 likes this.
  19. nhammond54

I think the main problem with the whole series is that is has been discounted by a lot of people. It used to mean something to be invited to the GNF. Now all you have to do is show up to one race and your in. That would have never happened before. You had to earn your spot. And I understand why this got started was because participation had dropped and it was a knee jerk reaction to get more people to show. People want to be a part of something bigger, something special, something that only a few people can accomplish. That is just not the case anymore. People don't respect what it really takes to win a Championship. Make WERA great again!! Get out and run races!! Not just run your mouth on here! Respect all the class Champions, because you probably couldn't have won that class! I know that we as racers could do things to make it better and the organization could do things to make it better. So stop discounting peoples accomplishments and get out and race! This organization has produced some of the best world level riders and will continue to do that with the support of all the members of the organization. And not the bench racing pussies on here that discount the series to a glorified trackday.

VFR#52 likes this.
  20. nhammond54

So it is past my bed time...because I'm old. So suck it Yankees! ! That one was for you Trautman. ...lol...

sPatlovich1 likes this.