1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Utah peeps… tactical training courses

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Jan 21, 2023.

1. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

Yeah its pretty scary to be honest. Many LEO's and military are just not physically up to the task. The requirements have had to come way down in order to accomodate certain individuals that really have no place on the team. But recruitment is at an all time low and they are taking anyone they can get.

On another note the current firearm training requirements for LEO's make their skills with a weapon just as out of shape as their bodies.

2. Ellwood

Ellwood Well-Known Member

+1 for Sheepdog Response and Fieldcraft. Personally trained with SD Response and can vouch for how much I enjoyed the class. Carbine 1. SD posts a lot of short YouTube clips that will allow you to evaluate their training methods. Based on the current level of training / experience, you may wish to consider NRA certified courses as a starting point. They offer lower cost options with certified local trainers. The SD carbine course was awesome. However, they packed a lot of information into the session that was much easier to enjoy with a solid base level of experience. Most attendees were LEO, SWAT or MIL. They were supportive of non-LEO, etc participants with the expectation of a base level skillset.

Also check out Haley Strategic. If you get to Phoenix check out their showroom and simulator.

3. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I mean, that's what I thought but maybe I'm not remembering the OP's background accurately.

4. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

There are misdemeanors that will make you prohibited.