1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urban Carry Holster

Discussion in 'General' started by Kev59, Nov 8, 2020.

1. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

What is the go to CC 9mm these days? Smaller the better

2. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

Sig 365XL

GixxerJohn011 likes this.
  3. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

If you want small there is also the original 365. It is about 1/2” shorter barrel and the grip is maybe 1/2”-3/4” shorter than the XL.
    Im not sure how much you’ve shot but are you hung up on size for any reason in particular? I wear large gloves and had no where for my pinky with the flush fit 10 round mag. They do make a 10 round with a pinky perch that makes the grip a little better and really doesn’t change the footprint of the gun in a holster. I can get a perfect grip with an XL and it is just as easy to conceal as a regular 365 IMO.

When I started carrying I was all about as small as possible, now I find myself going the other way. Once you find a holster and setup that works doing everything else with a bigger gun is so much easier. I started carrying with a 938 then kept going up to a 365, then 365XL , and I just ordered a holster for a Walther PDP compact. I don’t see going any bigger than that and still being able to conceal it…I think.

4. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

I also vote for the P365 XL. It has the Goldilocks barrel length, overall thickness and grip length that allows me to carry without printing. And it shoots like a much larger gun. For me, the tiny guns are typically snappy as hell and hard to shoot accurately with fast follow up shots. Add the Wilson Combat grip module and it almost sorta fits grownup sized hands. The downside is that it's a Sig :)

I just refuse to carry a tiny gun that shoots like crap. Unless I really need something I can Keister.

[​IMG]

5. notbostrom

Don't shoot as often and don't carry as often but when I did it was my vintage keltec single action 9mm

6. notbostrom

Is a Taurus GX4 junk or ok?

7. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

Taurus has/had a reputation of being hot garbage. I think they have started to move the needle, I seem to remember some better reviews. Look up Honest Outlaw on YouTube, he reviewed one a year ago and is pretty straight up from what I can tell.

8. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I have two, a PT140 G2 .40, and a PT1911 .45. They have both been flawless. Out of everything I own, including my AR, the 1911 is my favorite to shoot.

They've been so good I'm thinking about getting one of their revolvers (they get really good reviews), the 709 slim, and their 92 (Beretta copy) made from tooling they bought from Beretta.

9. cletus

cletus doesn't know sh*t

Rotate between Hellcat Pro, M&P Compact, and G19X.
    Big fan of Tulster for comfort. I also like Tenicor, its less comfortable due to the built in wedge but I can conceal the 19X or the M&P with a 17 round mag in a t-shirt without problems.