1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urban Carry Holster

Discussion in 'General' started by Kev59, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Anybody have one? I'm good with the IWB I use with my Springfield XDS but would like some opinions. They have a gazillion 5 star reviews but none were BBS verified.

2. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

I have a XDS .45 cal. Sit's in my front pocket slide in a soft holster. 5 Star reviews of what?
    With winter here, will be carrying side OWB and have covered with sweatshirt or jacket.

3. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

The reviews of the Urban Carry brand.

4. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I’m ashamed that I fell for it. Seems like a good idea on paper but practically it’s useless.

It’s just way too bulky. If you wear pants that fit it won’t work. If you wear grandpa jeans that are a size too big and want to look like you’re smuggling a loaf of bread in your pants, go for it.

Phl218 and ducnut like this.
  5. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

JBraun’s assessment is accurate. I gave mine to a buddy and told him if he didn’t like it, pass it on.

6. sidepipe79

sidepipe79 Well-Known Member

Same here. Every once in a while I will try it out again seeing as I spent money on it. Still cannot get it to be useful. It is just awkward.

7. FWIW, if you are looking to try something new, I’ve been using Vedder holsters lately and love them.

8. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

+1, I like the claw attachment when I go with my larger carry option.

Same as above on the Urban Carry. My dad has one but even he runs into issues with properly fitting pants. I can’t use it, maybe it would work if I found an old pair of JNCO’s.

Gorilla George likes this.
  9. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Just got my Tier 1 holster in a couple days ago and I'm a fan so far. Prints less than anything else I've tried (been through about a half dozen different options previously), is the most comfortable IWB option I've tried and the least in the way of other things (seatbelts, etc.). Only downside is it's a bit cumbersome to get on/off but part of that is due to it being a full size appendix rig made for a pistol with a x300 and red dot plus a spare mag. But I'm sure part of that is from me only owning it a couple days. I'm sure I will get more adjusted to that aspect the longer I use it. Oh and when I take it off in the car for longer trips (just so happened to be traveling this weekend right after it arrived) or because I'm about to walk into a bank or something, it is large so it doesn't necessarily fit well into all center consoles, glove boxes, etc. If you have a larger SUV or truck this probably isn't an issue.

10. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I have the alien gear conceal carry holster. It works really nice and is adjustable.

11. The

The Baddest Mofo in Town

Same here. I feel like I got ‘carnied’ and he sold me a brown and a black, because you gotta color coordinate, for like $100. They pretty much immediately went into the junk bin. Don’t waste your money. Get a Crossbreed and wear it appendix if that’s what you’re after.

12. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

13. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I have an alien gear and it feels bulky to me. I had a Sticky Holster a while back and think I'll probably get one for my current pistol.

14. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I can't comment on the efficacy of any holsters, but for some reason I've been seeing these commercials (for the brand mentioned in the OP) showing up on a bunch of the youtube motorcycle channels I follow and they are fucking terrible. It's always some guy sitting in/around a late model Jeep who out of nowhere is approached by a bad guy.

Straight trash.

15. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

iwb or owb? and what pistol are you using it for. Im looking for a owb for a full size pistol and been thinking bout getting the vedder especially now since they have a 20% off

16. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

I’ve had to carry and conceal for over 25 years. I could never find an IWB option that was practical and comfortable.

Ride safe,
    AAron

17. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Tier 1. See my post above.

18. IWB

Ive got 4 of them and they’ve all been great.

I have one for the Glock 43x, Springfield Hellcat, Springfield XD-9 Subcompact, and H&K VP9-SK.

I also have one for the Sig P320, but I used it to mount the gun in the car. I’ve never worn it.

19. The most comfortable setup I’ve used for IWB is the Aliengear “Sport Tuck Belly Band” with the “Cloak Tuck” holster.
    https://aliengearholsters.com/belly-band-holster.html

T
    he “band” is wide (think weightlifting belt) and it accepts that Cloak 2-point mounted IWB holster, that also has padding on the inside of it.

I use the Vedder holsters when I’m wearing jeans/pants with a belt. When I’m wearing shorts/running pants (gym clothes where I don’t have a belt) I used the Aliengear setup.

The band goes around your waist, and the holster fits inside it. It is completely independent of your clothes. It doesn’t attach to your clothes in any way. So you can use it with anything, no belt or belt loops required.

20. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

I appreciate the recommendations but Ive found several other options.
    I’ll never carry IWB.
    One thing I know for sure is that what works for one person might not for another.

Ride safe,
    AAron

Shocker and Gorilla George like this.