1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unpopular opinion.

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Oct 17, 2022.

1. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

You prolly hate Nickleback, too

fastfreddie likes this.
  2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Faith No More...one of the great pavers of shit music. What, one hit? Whiny-ass vocals with some tough street chant? Yeah, more boardroom BS.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  3. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

About as much as I like your current boss. Hopefully you get a new one in a month.

britx303 likes this.
  4. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Always been bad music. But, back in the day, you didn’t last if you were bad. Now, they auto tune your ass up, and make you a star. See Ed Sheeran…

And don’t get me started on those meme songs…Oh, no, or Shaka Bull, or whatever shit its called.

5. fastfreddie

It's amazing who gets pumped out and promoted as an artist. Take Disturbed's singer, for example, he sucks as a vocalist. Always has, but now that he's fucked up a classic, he's even better? WTF?

And then there's Staind. Great vocalist...crickets.

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

It’s the first position on the shifter. Followed by Linkin Reverse, Linkin Neutral, Linkin Drive, etc

RossK6, Yzasserina and StaccatoFan like this.
  7. fastfreddie

Nothin' like Linkin Low...it's for cornering. :D

8. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

That’s what we’re all hoping!!!!:crackup:

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

Hootie and Blowfish....they were a hoot for like one song

10. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

I need to read more tech manuals apparently.

11. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

Wtf? Mike Patton is an outstanding vocalist.

Wingnut likes this.
  12. fastfreddie

Doesn't change the fact that the presentation is formulaic corporate crap.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You got some nerve. :D

cpettit likes this.
  14. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

I'll take it further.
    I Hate the Beatles and Pearl Jam.

Faith no More is awesome!

cpettit, Razr and SirCrashAlot like this.
  15. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

:crackup:

16. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed Linkin Park when they were new. I was early in college and used it as hype music to teach myself how to drive at the limit in industrial parks in the middle of the night. That said, I can't remember the last time I added one of their songs to a playlist. Hell, I almost ashamedly admit that I thought Limp Bizkit was at least fun music back then. But I looked them up on Spotify recently, and they definitely didn't age well, to put it nicely.

Many years ago, my wife and I were pretty close to a divorce. I was sad. While going through that, I heard a Mumford and Sons song and it really hit hard. Now that I'm in a happier place, their music doesn't speak to me. It doesn't make it bad music, it just means it isn't for me, right now.

I think if you need to feel the need to shit on other people's music, it speaks more to you than to their tastes. That said, Rush sucks.

Wingnut likes this.
  17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I could not identify them in a lineup or by sound. I know the name but that's about it.

18. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

Blasphemy. While I like Aaron Lewis too, Draiman (Dusturbed) is insanely talented and has highly trained vocals. His version of Sound of Silence was....better. It was the darkness that song was supposed to have originally.

stk0308 and Razr like this.
  19. fastfreddie

To each their own. I think he demonstrated his lack of talent on that one. :D

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Paul Simon liked it...I like it a lot.

Dragginass likes this.