1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two 2004 Honda RS125r for sale $7500USD each

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by Thomas999, Oct 17, 2022.

1. Thomas999

Thomas999 Member

I have 2 Honda RS125r's for sale. They are located in Ontario, Canada. Some details on the bikes:

White bike: This bike was purchased new in 2005 and I have had it for 5 years. I raced it for a partial season in SOAR (2 races) and a few track days. It has not been pushed hard and has 800 km on the bottom end. It has some significant upgrades: VHM head (set up for leaded c12), stock swing arm replaced with NSFR250 swing arm, Brembo GP4-RR 32/36 monoblock caliper with titanium pistons, Brembo 16x16 radial master cylinder, HRC data logger, HRC detonation counter, detonation and shift lights, set up with airbox. The bike is very quick and the brakes are awesome (much better than stock).

Yellow bike: This bike was purchased new in 2006 and I have had it for 7 years. It is an Ontario bike and I raced it in SOAR for 2 years and did some track days. It has not been pushed hard and has 1600km on the bottom end. Has VHM head (set up for leaded c12) and marvic wheels otherwise pretty much as original.

Pictures of both bikes at:

Flickr.com/photos/196603591@N04/albums

Documentation is Bill of sale and I am asking $7,500 USD for each. In the photos there is also a long list of spares that I am also interested in selling. Am ready to discuss a package deal on bikes and/or parts but want to either sell bikes first or sell parts to whoever buys the bikes. If you take a look at the parts list you will see that I have enough parts to keep someone racing for awhile. Some items on the parts list: 3 - new crankshafts, 1 - new cylinder, 61 - head gaskets, 28 - Honda reed valves, 4 - Honda pistons, 8 - vertex pistons etc.

If you are interested I can be reached through this site or text 519-807-1299 or email [email protected].

I am willing to help with transport or shipping at your cost.

boxcrash and grandpanot like this.
  2. Thomas999

Thomas999 Member

The white bike has sold. The yellow is still available.

3. boxcrash

boxcrash Loading.....Please Wait

That white bike was sharp. Yellow is nice as well and would make a good roller for what I have dreamed of doing.....I have always wanted to own one of these and throw a CR500 or a Maico 700 82 hp motor in one of these
    Maybe someday if I win the lottery.:D

Very nice bikes and great pictures presentations!

4. Thomas999

Thomas999 Member

Thanks boxcrash. I loved both bikes. The white one is a little sharper on the brakes but power wise there is little to choose between them. The are both awesomely fun to ride.

Glad the photos were helpful.

boxcrash likes this.
  5. cincigp

cincigp Well-Known Member

I am the buyer of the white bike. I picked it up yesterday. The seller is a stand up guy that corners low. He was very patient and accommodating as I worked through the import process, and went out of his way to help me. The bike is as advertised and I am pleased with the purchase. I would not hesitate to buy from him again.

I also will share what I learned while importing the bike in case anyone in the US is looking at the yellow bike. The process is really pretty straight forward and not nearly as difficult as I expected.

For paperwork you will need to fill out an EPA form 3520-1 with box L checked. Under box L, you will need to get a racing exemption letter from the EPA. This will require a letter to the EPA with photos and descriptions of what makes the bike a race bike (not too hard for a GP bike), as well as a copy of your race license, and events you intend to enter. This approval takes 4 to 8 weeks, and is probably the hardest part of the whole process.
    You will also need to fill out an NTHSA form HS-7. For a GP bike, the correct box to check will be box 8.
    When you check box 8 on the HS-7, you will need to fill out an HS-7 Box 8 Attachment. This just needs to be a document listing evidence that the bike was never intended for street use, and showing pictures of the bike. I emphasized the sticker that came on the tank from the factory stating it was for racing purposes only as well as some of the places in the manual that say that.

When actually importing the bike, call the port you intend to use ahead of time and make sure you have everything you need. When you get there, the whole thing is really in the hands of the agents you are dealing with. Other than the paperwork make sure you have some sort of proof of payment. One particular agent was convinced I was lying about how much I paid to get out of paying duty. Since I paid in cash I had no proof. Thankfully I was there through shift change and the agents on the next shift weren't too concerned about it and just wanted to get me on my way. I don't know their reasoning, but they didn't end up charging me any duty fees. If I were to do it again, I would get the bill of sale notarized, and now that I know the seller, I would pay with a check, put the reason and the bike serial number in the memo, then print out a copy of the canceled check from my bank website and take it with me.

They kept a copy of the HS-7, the 3520-1, the import form they filled out, and that was it. I kept a stamped copy of all three as well. The HS-7 box 8 attachment was hardly looked at and returned to me, and the EPA exemption letter was returned to me as well.

In the end, I felt like I knew more about the process than the agents. They never looked at the bike, and other than one agent that came over, inserted herself into the situation, and proceeded to call me a liar to my face, everyone really wanted to just get the paperwork done and send me on my way. The issue was they didn't really know the process and how to do the paperwork on their end. It took a total of 7 agents and almost 2 hours to get out of there. It wasn't easy, and it wasn't straight forward like it should have been, but it was totally doable. Given what I know now and have shared here, I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

If any prospective buyers have any questions, feel free to reach out, and I can give you more details on everything it took.

Phl218, boxcrash and MrGooch like this.
  6. matt2491

matt2491 Well-Known Member

125s are truly awesome bikes. You beat me to this one. Enjoy it!

I commend you for going through the full and legal process to import the bike. Great guide for those to follow in the future if they so wish. I have to wonder though... was all that really necessary? I have "friends" who have bought race bikes in Canada and just driven across the border, grabbed it, and brought it back. No paperwork, no bother. IF asked at the border (rare), my "friends" have just said they owned the bike and were in Canada for a track day or what not.

boxcrash and Heisenberg like this.
  7. cincigp

cincigp Well-Known Member

Thanks Matt. I will definitely enjoy it. This will get all the good parts from my 96 and become a pretty sweet A bike and my 96 will become my B bike.

To answer your question, yes, I could have easily given a made up reason for being in Canada, not mentioned the bike and been on my way. I had it in the back of a passenger Mercedes Sprinter, and the CBP agent at the booth was surprised there was a bike in there. The first time he looked, he couldn't see it so he had to lean out farther to see it in the back of the van. The irony was not lost on me that I was up front and honest about it all, and yet one certain agent was convinced I was trying to get by with paying less tax. The down side to doing it that way is IF you get caught and you get caught by an agent that isn't in a good mood that day, the penalties are huge. To me it was worth the time to get my paperwork together, and the hassle to be able to answer all of their questions honestly and have nothing to hide. I can tell you right now, in dealing with 7 different agents, usually 3 at a time, if I had not been telling the truth, there is no way I could have kept my story straight. Also, given that it was 33 degrees outside, in my case the track day excuse wasn't going to work. If it had been summer, there is a chance I would have taken that route though.

boxcrash, Super Dave and matt2491 like this.
  8. fast steve

fast steve Well-Known Member

Where is a picture of these bikes

9. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member

Read the first post again

10. camp170

camp170 Well-Known Member

I remember buying a tz250 up in Canada many years ago and being prepared to pay the duty on it. When I came through back into NY there was a Barney Fife type at the booth. Keep in mind I had no idea how the process was going to work. When the officer said to me “what’s your citizenship” I said “United States”, he said “are you in there alone” I said “yes I am “ he said go on through. I was still expecting to need to pull over some place to declare this bike but nope I was in Buffalo and now apparently a smuggler.

11. Thomas999

Thomas999 Member

Thank you everyone for interest in the bikes and especially the 2 buyers. Both bikes are now sold. I still have a fairly long list of spare parts that I would like to sell. The photos for the yellow bike includes the list of parts but I will put up a separate post for the parts soon. A little sad for the bikes to go but glad that they have good homes and will be ridden and raced.

Phl218 likes this.
  12. monkeyfist

monkeyfist Well-Known Member